Bugs Bunny, 1939-2005; or, Latest New Lows Set By TV Execs.

It’s not Bugs Bunny. It’s his descendent from the 28th Century.

Yes.

At the end, when you’re scraping bits of rock and asphalt out of your new scrapes, you learn that people can be assholes. :smiley:

A newer, edgier bugs bunny and company, each one with a different crime fighting power? :dubious:

I think a piece of my childhood has just died a terrible death. Next they’ll remake all of the Marx bros. movies with Will Ferrell, Jim Breuer, and Horatio Sanz.

Ah the “shitty moral” as it was known in our household. Thanks for the memories. :wink:

Damn. Whatever “it” is, it isn’t Bugs Bunny.

Someday. Someday Bugs’ll be back. When we most need him. At our darkest hour, he’ll return. Probably about the same time King Arthur shows back up in England.

Nothing will ever touch Braveheart for corny life lessons at the end of the program. the drugs episode was the worst offender of the lot. It put me right off my addiction to “spin”.

Sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks-sucks!

the enter key is your friend, Bosda.

Of course, you know, this means war…

Don’t say things like that! You’re just giving them ideas!

I agree. Let’s be honest here folks, Loonatics doesn’t look like a winner (but again, it’s not supposed to be Bugs, at all, it’s a related character in an entirely new cartoon), but other than occasional missteps like that, I think we may be living in the golden age of television animation.

Justice League (and the entire Dini/Timm DCU), Kim Possible, Recess, Duck Dodgers, Kids Next Door, Samurai Jack, Futurama, Family Guy, the Simpsons, Jackie Chan, Powerpuff Girls…

When I had cable, easily half of what I watched was animated.

They stll don’t reach the pinnacles of Warbr Brother’s stuff during the 1950’s and 1940’s, but thatw as a long time ago and made for feature films anyway.

Am I missing something? That article specifically said it wasn’t Bugs Bunny. It’s a new character called Buzz Bunny.

HEY! Don’t give them any ideas! Sheesh what were you thinking???

:smack:
Stupid simulpost.

Well, I wil have to think that this is NOT Bugs–and then maybe I can deal with it.

I don’t understand what the guy means when he says he has to make Loony Tunes accessible to kids today. My 6, 13 and 15 y/o ALL love the old post WW2 Bugs.

but then again, those cartoons were smart and sassy and had any number of innuendos and allusions to classical music, literature, politics of the day etc.
It’s the dumbing down that distresses me, more than the image change (although he sure don’t look like Bugs!)

When I read the title of the thread, I thought that Elmer finally bagged him.

You’re young (you’ve said so yourself), so I chalk this up to the capriciousness of youth, and being a little bit too young to appreciate G.I. Joe and Transformers at the time. The other ones… meh, I agree with you. But those were the “Big Two” of '80s toy commercial/cartoons, and the voice work was actually pretty damn good in comparison to everything else at the time (and a good deal of today’s cartoons), and some of the writing was surprisingly mature and interesting, given the audience. Go watch Transformers: The Movie (featuring breathtaking animation, dark subject matter, extreme violence, and voice actors including Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Robert Stack, and Orson Welles) and tell me it isn’t GOOD, if not great. Or don’t, it’s a free country. But I couldn’t let you get those comments by without a rebuttal and a :rolleyes: .

no, it’s not.

http://looney.goldenagecartoons.com/ltcuts/

I am compelled to rebut your rebuttal.

I’ve watched *Transformers: The Movie. Heck, I was one of the 15 people to see it in the theater, and I bought the DVD off the discount rack for my son. He wasn’t impressed by much other than the same thing me and my nerdy friends were impressed with: DEAD autobots. Somehow, Megatron started working and shooting things actually had an affect.

Wasn’t that Orson Welles last role? One he didn’t even have to roll out of bed to perform? Talk about your falls from grace.

Compared to the series, the movie was high art.

GI Joe’s movie was horrible, worse than the series before the movie, and about equal to it after the movie. There were, at most, 1/2 dozen good lines of dialog through the whole series. My personal favorite was Stormshadow telling Quick Kick, “I’d kill you now, but that would deprive me of the pleasure of killing you later” (said after he had trashed QK in melee combat).

While I watched many of the series of that era (yes, I was a geeky nerd, as I was a little old for them), the only one I though was well done was Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers.

I saw it in the theater too, and I’ve refrained from buying the DVD in hopes of a special edition to be released later. But TF: TM seems to have left an impression on the men of our generation. I don’t know any guy in his mid-20s who doesn’t well up a little at the thought of Optimus Prime’s heroic death in battle, shudder at the shocking deaths of Prowl, Brawn, Ratchet, and Ironhide, or get pumped up from the opening synthesizer strains of Stan Bush’s “You Got the Touch.” The animation in the movie was far superior to the cartoon, but the third season of the cartoon, the one that followed the movie and took place in the future, was very good as well–again, much darker in tone, dealing with mature themes like death, destiny, sacrifice, and living up to the memory of one’s predecessors.

As for Welles, he passed away DURING the voice recording, so some of Unicron’s lines were spoken by Leonard Nimoy (already doing the voice of Galvatron).

G.I. Joe: The Movie was a pretty big disappointment aside from the breathtaking opening sequence. (It was meant to be a theatrical release, but premiered on TV after the dismal box office takes from Transformers and My Little Pony: The Movie.) The entire Cobra-La plot was horrible, I won’t argue, and the whole thing would have been much more resonant and effective if Duke had died, as per the original script.

But as a series, G.I. Joe (like Transformers) had some really good moments of character development, terrific voice acting (I still will stand behind this), and some real mind-fuck episodes that still stand up well today, even if the rest of the series was mediocre at best. Keep in mind I’m comparing these against contemporaries like Masters of the Universe, Centurions, M.A.S.K., and Thundercats, and keep in mind these two properties are the ones that are still popular with a whole new generation, 20+ years later. They were definitely doing something right.

I never saw Galaxy Rangers, but I think the best of the '80s cartoons was probably The Real Ghostbusters, which featured outstanding voice work and some great writing by the likes of J. Michael Straczynski, Keith Giffen, and J.M. DeMatteis.