Can drinking moonshine or Everclear make you blind?

I imagine you’ll be long dead before you consume enough EtOH to cause blindness. But as Shagnasty said above, MeOH can do it. Actually, it’s not the methanol, but its metabolites; it’s converted to formaldehyde by alcohol dehydrogenase, and then formate by aldehyde dehydrogenase. Both of these are quite toxic, but the latter has considerably deleterious effects on the CNS, and especially ocular tissue, for reasons I honestly don’t know, beyond what is referred to as “metabolic acidosis”.

Everclear has no such issues. It just tastes like rocket fuel. In school, we used Everclear and Lime Coolaide to make drinks called “Green Goddamns”. As I’m sure you could have guessed, when one took a swig, it was not uncommon to shout “God-DAMN!”

Back when I worked at the drug clinic we had an alcoholic who’s poison of choice was isopropyl.

Specially, the Osco house brand pint-size 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol.

He staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank. Worse than the usual alcoholic bum. Quite a unique aroma, could stun city cockroaches and he never acquired the usual body vermin of a person prone to passing out on the streeet and of highly questionable personal hygiene habits.

Never went blind in the time I knew him, but he had some kidney and liver torubles. Seriously messed up dude.