Candy that makes you say "Yum!"

Maple Bun bars

Zero candy bars

Atomic Fireballs

Ice Cubes hard to find? That’s a new one. I see the li’l critters everywhere. Not that I want them. Seriously, I don’t want them. For me:

Wintergreen Life Savers®

Crunch them en masse, feel the wasabi-like fumes permeating your sinuses, think of the dental work you are ruining…

Seconded! I’ve still got about a dozen stockpiled at this point, and have been rationing myself to around one egg in the morning, two out of every three days. :slight_smile:

Jelly Belly Sour Jelly Beans…I limit them to long road trips. I can eat an insane amount of them and if I let myself eat them whenever those four calories per bean would add up quickly. They are the only candy I can eat a lot of without quickly becoming ill.

M&Ms.

Gummi bears, preferably the German Herbig-Haro product than a knockoff – the orginal has a slightly firmer texture. Anything gummi, really.

[hijack]

Life Savers came out with Gummi Savers. Why doesn’t Jelly Belly come out with a line of Gummi Bellys? The concept of an any-conceivable-flavor-you-want-in-the-same-box candy is brilliant – but they’re still jelly beans. Not the most enjoyable candy to eat. Waxy, gritty texture, sticks to the teeth. But if that box contained dozens of little flavor-packed gummi blobs the exact same size and shape – aaaahhhh!

[/hijack]

Zoute Katjes

I just ate twoyum! Made from 80% cacao, with fresh cream! Belgian chocolates are the best!

Lucky guy!

I dated a gal named Belgina for a while, but she didn’t truffle at all.

Combining peanut butter with chocolate generally works for me.

Chocolate Lace

Almond Roca.

Raisinets. Definitely Raisinets.

Strangely, though, I don’t really like raisins in any other context. And I don’t usually eat chocolate by itself. But somehow, raisins + chocolate = win.

Another weird thing is that I seem to prefer the Nestle brand over all others. I tried some milk chocolate-covered raisins from Trader Joe’s recently, and while they were okay, the chocolate was slightly bitter and hard. Perfect Raisinets should be sufficiently sweet, chewy, and soft right out of the box. Mmmmmm :slight_smile:

What are Zoute Katjes?

I think Zoute Katjes might be salted licorice. Where is that barfy smile?

Ooh, and I had to come in for a second. I know, I know, limit it to one the OP says–but in my world, this is an entirely different kind of candy. See, there’s chocolate candy, where Reese’s reigns supreme, and there’s “other.” Hot Tamales–especially the extra hot ones–top that category for me.

You have to get them at the specialty candy stores, but my favorite is chocolate covered gummy bears.

Ice Cubes first.

Whoppers second.

And Ice Cubes used to be very common here in Colorado, then overnight…gone. They still might be here, but I don’t know where. But…damn, what intense yumminess!

Lindor milk chocolate truffles. I let myself have one a week.

Chew slowly - it’s the good stuff. (yeah, I own Conan the Barbarian - what about it?)

Since someone else mentioned Life Savers, I’m wondering if my Dark Chocolate Peppermint Altoids exist as “candy”, but surely not. See, I’m a theist, and I don’t believe in a God who would be so cruel as to force me to label “breath mints” as “candy”. No, Altoids are in the “breath mints” category, not candy, in spite of the fact they are chocolate covered.

So, I don’t have to throw over my wonderful Altoids to choose: Goldberg’s Peanut Chews. Not the heretic milk chocolate covered ones that have made a showing as of late. Oh, no. The dark-chocolate-covered-peanuts-and-stuff-that-is-guaranteed-to-pull-the-fillings-out-of-your-teeth
loveliness that is Goldberg’s Original Peanut Chews.

Yep, that’s the One.