Capt. Typho Clone scene (AOTC Spoilers)

According to Morrison at Star Wars Celebration II, he was the clones.

THANK YOU, Max!! Straight from the Fett’s mouth…and looking at the photo of the clones eating vs Typho, you can see that their jawlines and noses are different - it ain’t the same guy. It’s Temeura Morrison.

Yes, that’s what absolutely everyone in this thread has been saying.

Kilt and Max, you’re not paying attention. I’m not saying that Jango wasn’t made into a bunch of clones. I’m saying that Jango is, in fact, the clones. BUT I’M ALSO SUGGESTING THAT THERE ARE TYPHO CLONES AS WELL! Not necessarily part of the army, not necessarily ordered by Sidious (although that’s a possibility), I’m merely saying that there is a scene in AOTC wherein there is a group of clones (not necessarily of the attacking variety) that look like Typho.

Meh. Looking at the pictures in those links, I’m even more convinced that the eating clones are Capt. Typho.

And again, I am fully aware from a plot standpoint how that makes zero sense. For now.

Munch we’re paying attention. You’re insisting that Typho has to be a clone despite the evidence that he’s not, and despite the fact that there is no reason for him to be and nothing in any Star Wars movie suggests that he is. We’re telling you that there were no Typho clones in the movie. Nor were any of the handmaidens clones of Padme Amidala.

As for Captain Typho’s genealogy, he is identified in the novelization as Captain Panaka’s nephew, but that’s the only “background” this character has. He’s a minor character who could’ve been anybody. There is no reason (other than just being stubborn) to believe that he’s a clone of anybody or has been cloned by anybody.

Dooku, I don’t see how you could be “more convinced” after comparing photos. Look at the noses and jawlines - they definitely don’t look like Typho.

Oh, and the clone trooper that Bodie Taylor played was never seen without his full armor on - he’s the guy that was taking direct orders from Yoda at the forward command post. I dunno why Temeura Morrison didn’t play him as well…

Like Natural J, I still say it’s a filming/casting error.

Or, conversely, an identification error–that is, it’s perfectly possible that I’m just wrong, and the clones in that scene are played by Morrison.

Correct. But only if you believe that the cafeteria clones don’t look like Typho. There are some of us who do, and as of yet, there hasn’t been a photo that clearly displays those cafeteria clones as not-Typho.

No, I’m not. That is one possibility out of several that I’ve offered.

Sigh. I think it’ll be better for my sanity if I don’t come back to this thread :slight_smile: But you sure would think the novelization would say something about Typho clones if the movie found it so important to show them to us. Oh well…

…(I’m pretty sure Morrison meant he would be SEEN as all the clones [sans helmets], but sadly I can’t go back and ask him now)

::puts hands over ears::

“LA LA LA LA I am not listening to Kilt-wearin’ man LA LA LA LA” :slight_smile:

I wish it were a case of me being stubborn, but for the life of me, I honestly believe they are Typho in that clone eating scene. The picture of Typho in the link isn’t the best one for comparison. Go see it again, and be ready to closely examine that scene, as I did. You may change your mind, as I did.

#@!* Smilies - GRRR!!!

<sigh> We’re gonna be going through this for three more years, aren’t we? Why the hell couldn’t Captain Typho have been some blonde guy?

The answer’s obvious. The eyepatch is enough of a disguise so no one notices that **Typho is a clone of Jango. **

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Amidala’s handmaiden was really a clone of that shape-shifting assassin, which is why…

…only kidding. :slight_smile:

Hey, if Clark Kent can distinguish himself from the most recognizable person in the DC universe with a pair of glasses…

No, an eyepatch wouldn’t be enough of a disguise! He’d at least need a pair of eyeglasses, or nobody would buy him as a mild-mannered defense force officer for a major Galactic senator…

Jeez, this is one of the most ridiculous AOTC thread I’ve ever read.

To me the guy in the cafeteria doesn’t look like Typho or Jango. They obviously needed an actor who would look like a young Temuera Morrison, 20ish and without the scars. But to take the mental leap that the young men in cafeteria didn’t look like Jango, so they weren’t, or to say they looked like Typho so they were actually clones of Typho? Come, on! Listen to yourselves.

Why the need to embellish or fabricate another story line? The Kaminoans clearly state that all the clones are of Jango Fett. This is nothing more that the sci-fi movie equivalent of trying to find proof of faked moon landings.

You know what? A lot of those Gunguns looked very similar to each other. Could it be that there are differences that my eyes can’t differentiate, or could it be that the Gunguns also use clone technology. Possibly purchased from the Kaminoans.

Sadly, I think this is true. Typho should have been a CG rendered blond female droid to avoid any confusion, because as we all know, all those similar looking aliens (like Greedo and the Rodian working for Chancellor Palpatine - or Sebulba and the Dug in the diner) are all evil clones. :rolleyes:

I hope the intro text for Ep. 3 says “Tyhpo is NOT a clone and is NOT related to the cloning plot elements in any way” and settles the issue once and for all.

I think I’m done with this thread.

I wish I had an evil clone. I could blame him for everything.

Wife: “Did you track in mud all over the----”
Me: “—Evil Clone.”