Child actors we havn't seen since they were kids. All grown up!

Which of the Coreys (Feldman or Haim) is the drug addict?

Agreed. I don’t think anyone would consider Natalie Portman a terrible actress but if all she ever did was those Star Wars prequels I think a lot of people would consider her a dreadful actress. That wooden delivery, bizarre accent, atrocious lines all came from Lucas.

Anyone remember Kelly, the dirt bike riding punk from the original Bad News Bears?

I give you Rorschach .
:slight_smile: Where’s the bullet hole smiley face?

Cracked did a fun article on that subject.

I was so trying to place that face in the movie. I just knew he was familiar for a reason. “I got a Harley-Davidson. Does that turn you on?”

Josie Davis from Charles In Charge.

Josie2

Josie3

She was on Two and Half Men years ago and was smokin’ hot!

They both had issues. Feldman was more the public wildchild for a bit but has settled down a helluva lot in recent years and has been at least legitimately trying to stay on the straight and narrow. Feldman has been working in this and that over the years, was on a few failed TV series and had a band gigging for a bit. He appeared in the recent Lost Boys sequel.

Haim was the one who was so messed up he trying to sell clumps of his hair and a rotted tooth of his on eBay (until it was shut down for violating their rules on “body parts”). He also spent some time in a coma from an overdose and was arrested during a fight with his ex-girlfriend (substantially older woman) because she refused to give him drug money.

And she had a memorable recurring role on The West Wing - fourth season, around the time that Rob Lowe left and Josh Malina came on. (She played Josh’s character’s stepsister.)

I’m trying to imagine Jake Lloyd as Darth Vader… just isn’t working for me!

Lloyd may or may not have been a decent actor, but it’s unfair to judge anyone by “Phantom Menace” or any of the more recent “Star Wars” flciks directed by George Lucas.

I mean, I was ready to say Hayden Christopher had no talent at all, after seeing “Attack of the Clones.” Since then, I’ve seen him give some very effective performances in other movies. Which leads me to believe that he was simply doing what Lucas WANTED him to do.

Maybe Jake Lloyd would have been horrible under ANY circumstances. But maybe a decent script and a more capable director would have gotten a better perfromance out ofhim.

Keshia Knight Pulliam, the actress who portrayed Rudy Huxtable on The Cosby Show, has grown up into a stunning beauty.

Yowza! :slight_smile:

Renying Zhou the little girl who played 7 year old “Doggie” in the Chinese film “King of Masks” was beyond amazing. (If you haven’t seen this film, it’s on Netflix available either as DVD or Watch Instantly.)

I read on IMDB that her mother made an unwise choice and sold her contract to a cheap talent agency in southern China for about $8,000. Renying never got another acting job. I believe she’s about 22 years old now.

Just a few other kid to grownup connections that suprised me:

-The little girl from The Adventures of Baron Munchausen was Sarah Polley who also starred in 2004’s Dawn of the Dead.

-The little girl from Kevin Costner’s Waterworld was Tina Majorino who also starred as Deb in Napoleon Dynamite.

-The ghost girl who got poisned by her mother in The Sixth Sense was Mischa Barton.

Wil Wheaton, who played Wesley Crusher on Star Trek TNG, doesn’t look much different, except for a few added pounds and a beard. He’s written a couple books and he has a blog.

Madeline Zima, the littlest kid on The Nanny, grew up pretty nice.

Dang. I thought Wil Wheaton was a grown up in TNG. I remember him as a kid from Stand By Me. (Which also starred a chubby Jerry O’Connell).

Kerry Green is still smokin’ hot, if you ask me.

Ralphie Parker has grown up quite nicely too. Apparently Peter Billingsley has done quite well for himself, as a producer. He’s worked quite a bit with Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau.

Damn! I’ll be in ma bunk.