Could something like the "Criminal Minds" (or "Unsub," or "Millennium") team exist IRL?

My post was totally there when you wrote that Dio. :mad: So you know you are repeating what I said. You may accept your flogging now.

Sorry, I didn’t read your post before I made mine, but I will acknowledge you said it first and accept my flogging. Just not in the face, ok? That’s my moneymaker.

Then what’s the FBI doing with them in the first place? I mean, it’s not like the Feds have a Psychic Task Force… That I know of.

(Though according to this FAQ, no one at the FBI has the job title of “profiler,” perhaps for reasons already mentioned in this thread.)

So, what’s their track record? And, does their whole operation depend on profiling to the degree the TV team’s does?

While the BAU teams exist, I don’t think they actually (generally) jaunt around the country taking prominent lead roles in active investigations. What reading from profilers I’ve done seems to suggest that a lot of the time they just receive files from some police agency and put together a report with advice.

But if they do take regular active roles I want to know if they get their own airplane like the Criminal Minds people.