Dead animal under hood of car?

This woodchuck incident recently made the news, though he fortunately survived.

I personally caught one in the act – Our family was staying at a cabin Moraine State Park in PA. a couple years ago. The cabin area was crowded with woodchucks every day. One day, as I was walking up the path to the cabin from a boat landing, I saw a woodchuck under our pickup, climbing up into the engine area. I called my wife over, and she opened the hood as I kept an eye out for our furry friend. When she opened the hood he looked up at her, shocked, and then dove down to the ground and bolted… Though with woodchucks its more like “he rapidly undulated”.

My mom had a scary incident last fall: she drove about half a mile from home, and shifted gears going up hill. Suddenly the engine began to rev, going almost all the way up the tacomenter as it could. She pulled off, turned the car off, then back on to the same results. She chanced driving it home before having it towed to the garage.

The verdict? The cable for the choke (I think that’s the part) was being held in such a way that the choke was forced open…by acorns. Apparently, despite the car being used 2-3 times a week, the chipmunks thought her engine was a good place to store food for the winter! The mechanic laughed his ass off explaining it to her.

Please forgive me any errors in terms. I drive an automatic.

After 9/11, the Army MPs were checking every car coming on base. They found a dead fish on one engine and were dumfounded as to how it could have gotten there.

Come on guys, a cat took it there to eat in the warmth.

Lots of cats in our neighborhood. I always give my truck tire a good kick before starting up, just to startle whatever is in it / under it. Not long ago a cat shot out from underneath.