Describe your creepiest mental creation (may be TMI for some)

I dunno what it is with me and weird dreams lately, what’s so strange is that I am remembering them. So last night, I dreamt that I was at an old workplace pushing a giant four tiered stainless steel push cart loaded with chaffing dishes and I slipped and fell forward trying to budge it. In the dream, I hit my chin on the cart and could feel it, nothing that painful -just jarring, but somethings not quite right…somethings amiss. I turn around and pick up something white on the floor and start to examine it, it’s a jaw bone with teeth and fillings and all…sudden realization…It’s my jawbone. I feel my face and sure enough I’m minus one jawbone, but there was no giant hole in my face…just hanging and weirdly slack flesh. So I pocket the jawbone and go back to my business. That’s all I remember.
Creeped me out!!

I thought it went “playing solitaire till dawn”? The cigarettes happened while watching Captain Kangaroo.

I like to hike through the woods at night while using a flashlight as little as possible. These are woods that I grew up in, know like the back of my hand, and you can’t walk more than a mile in any direction without hitting a road or Lake Michigan, so it’s not like I’m going to get lost in a blair witch type scenario. But it can get creepy, when you can hear things moving around but can’t figure out where or what they are.

One time I was walking along just after dusk with a bit of moonlight coming through the trees, and I saw a large, tapered, pale white shape on the ground.

My brain instantly turned it into a 150 pound maggot crawling along the forest floor.

I freaked. I actually ran away from it before I realized what I was doing and felt silly. It still took me a couple of days to go back and find out what it was. It turned out to be a birch tree log half buried in the dirt.

When I had my wisdom teeth out back in high school, they started to put me under using laughing gas. I was lying in the chair, waiting for something to happen. I lifted my arm, and the path that it left behind was black. I could still see everything in the room. I lifted the other arm, and it, too, left a black path. I tried to touch things, and everywhere my hands moved, everything got turned black, like it was being disintegrated. I tried to touch the nurse’s arm to let her know that something was going horribly wrong, and she vanished into the blackness. I tried to keep grabbing hold of the last few things I could see, and they all vanished. When everything I could see had been erased to blackness… that’s the last thing I remembered until hours later.

I used to work in a horrible privately owned mental hospital populated largely by adult mentally retarded persons and autistic individuals.

The place was quietly funded by a rich woman whose adult son operated on the level of a one-year-old, mentally speaking. The place was NOT about any kind of treatment, merely a storage facility for defective humans, where they were housed, fed, and cared for.

I have yet to be able to imagine anything as far-out as some of the folks I met there.

To fully describe the Pure Evil experience, I’d better but it in MPSIMS - its so long I’m afraid it would be considered a threadjack.

Check over there in about 45 minutes…

I have managed to make myself scared of my own reflection. I often go to bed real late at night, so apart from the fact that I’m half asleep I keep the lights off out of courtesy. I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and every time it’ll take me five or ten minutes to start because I’m such a procrastinator. And part of that has me talking to my reflection. (Don’t ask…no really don’t). The only problem is then when I start to brush my teeth and I bend over to spit the following thoughts always go through my mind:

1. It’s very quiet.
  2. It’s very dark.
  3. How well do I really know my own reflection?

So as I’m rinsing my mouth I’m imagining my reflection standing, a face of murderous rage slowing raising his hand which holds a large kitchen knife. He slowly, silently bends over through the mirror, which is right above the sink. Raises his arm to take the final plunge and…

That’s when I swing my head just to make sure I’m not about to be massacred. And I do it every night. I’m just waiting to be standing looking at the mirror and my reflection doesn’t mimic me anymore :eek:

That’s why you have to peel them from the bottom the way monkeys do. Ever get those banana-strings that dangle from peeling? Ever wonder what they actually are? You don’t get those when you peel from the bottom. Monkeys know this. Monkeys also know about banana worms…

Nocturnal Tick, that is very close to one I had some time ago.
I think it was caused by watching Twin Peaks one time too often.
As I bend over the sink to spit, I cannot see my reflection.
I then had the distinct impression that when I would raise my head, somebody else would be there :eek: (like in the last scene in Twin Peaks)

I must have gotten one of Clive Barker’s dreams one night by accident…

I was off in the woods walking along, when I heard this horrible cacophony of horrible animal noises. I came upon a pit almost full to the top of writhing dogs, except they weren’t normal dogs. They were like two front halves of dogs stuck together in the middle. Big dogs, like German Shepards, and they were fighting with the other halves of themselves, ripping each other apart in a giant bloody, gut flinging mass.

Suddenly “The Devil” rose out of the pit amongst the fighting dogs, picking them up and ripping them in half. The noises they made were horrifying, somewhere between a dog in horrible pain and a pig in horrible pain. As they were torn in half, “The Devil” somehow affixed the halfes to his body, as he started coming toward me he became a large, huge, man shaped mass of screaming bloody dog halves.

That image will be with me until I die. The Devil of tortured dogs.

Oh thank you so much for that cluricaun! Now I’ll never be able to sleep again. :eek:

I’m not sure if it was part of a dream I’ve forgotten, or something I actually saw on TV (though I doubt it) but lately I can’t see one of these Coke trucks with the sections that open along the side without imagining the same horrible thing: suddenly, as you’re looking at the truck, the sections roll up by themselves. Then the clowns pour out… :eek:

I don’t get too creative when awake and daydreaming, but my most disturbing dream featured my best childhood friend, who died when we were in college. In the dream, I saw him in front of me and he turned to face me. I said, “Hey Chris, what’s it like after death?” He said, “It’s just more of the same.”

I woke up terribly depressed at that idea. :frowning: