Do you buy Papa John's pizza?

I’ve ordered Papa John’s before, but Pizza Hut usually has such great deals I usually order from them. I didn’t vote because I don’t give a shit what the CEO does. I buy based on cheapness and value. As long as he doesn’t torture kittens, I don’t mind.

I prefer PJs, but wife doesn’t like their sauce, so it’s PH instead. :frowning:

So Jimmy John’s is out for you then?

I will not comment on people’s taste for pizza, you like what you like. But I know for an absolute fact that John does believe in better ingredients. There are no freezers in Papa John’s, the toppings have a very limited shelf life and I wish he had never made those comments.
If you think they are undercooked, ask for well done.
They also have a good white sauce.
The most requested feature is extra peppers and extra garlic sauce.

Is Papa John’s the take-and-bake stuff? I remember that being OK pizza back in college when I’d pick it up for parties (OK, role playing sessions). Otherwise, even with the politics it’s just another pizza that’s I didn’t even need a reason to avoid.

I didn’t know about his political leanings, but that’s irrelevant when I want food. I’ll eat Chick-fil-a all day long (except Sundaysd) even though the owner is a POS. The truth is that Papa John’s pizza just sucks. And I’m someone who will eat any type of pizza someone hands me. I’ve eaten PJ’s about a dozen times from a dozen of their locations and they were just about the 12 worst pizza experiences of my life. The garlic dip makes it somewhat edible, but the dip is too oily and gets me sick after a while. Their success must strictly be from heavy marketing.

That’s Papa Murphy’s.
And if I have to ask them to actually cook a pizza well enough that there isn’t raw dough in the middle, then that is their fault, not mine.

I can believe the most common request is for more shit to dip your pizza in so you don’t have to taste pizza. It’s kind of like people saying that putting extra milk and sugar and whipped cream and chocolate sauce in proves their love for coffee.

I tried it once, a few years ago when I was on jury duty and it was the only pizza place within walking distance. I was annoyed that they didn’t sell personal-size pizzas, for starters. The pizza sauce was too sweet for me, and the pepperoni was bland. This was back in 2010, and I’ve never been tempted to try their pizza again.

As far as takeout or delivery pizza, we prefer a small local chain, with much better pizza and a full range of pasta and salads.

I don’t care for Papa John’s CEO’s politics (regarding the ACA in particular) but if most of the stores are franchises, the actual owner of the franchise may or may not have politics I agree with, so that’s a neutral consideration for me.

Hey, if you really wanted you could even order Chick-fil-a on sundays but only for a couple of hours. At least you could as of 2005. I used to eat there. Hospital Chick-fil-a in Greenville South Carolina would open from 12a-2a on sunday mornings to feed the night shifters. Chick-fil-a fought it but finally caved when the hospital agreed it’s employees would work that shift not Chick-fil-a ones. Principals are compromisable if the location and the money are right it appears. Anyone else have a similar experience with them?

As a general rule we don’t eat chain pizza, but PJ’s wasn’t bad. But I refuse to patronize the chain because of the CEO’s politics and general asshattery. If this goes on, I may be out of chain options. :wink:

Too many decent local options to consider it. Politics doesn’t even come into it, there’s just no convenient location.

If I’m at an event where it’s served, I’ll eat it. But if I’m buying pizza I’ll get it somewhere else - either more cheaply (Little Caesar) or of better quality (lots of places).

The politics is not the deciding factor - although, if all else were equal, I’d probably still go somewhere else due to his politics.

I can’t eat gluten and they don’t have anything on their menu for me.

I’m not sure if I would eat there, given how much I detest the owner (he’s a creepy person in the commercials. Bleh), but I haven’t had to test it.

I always preferred their breadsticks to their pizza.

Papa John’s pizza is fine. I don’t give a shit about his politics.

But I have a local place that’s a few blocks closer, roughly the same price, and at least subjectively better. Funny thing about this place, they only have one size: 16" large. If you order a medium, it’s exactly the same size, it just comes in a smaller box. I’m really not kidding.

I like Pj’s when I’m in the mood for extra greasy pizza. As for his politics I totally forgot about those remarks right after he made them and I don’t care about the politics or morals of the people I’m buying from as long as I get what I’m looking for.

We had Papa John’s once because it was near to where we were going on Staten Island. The pizza itself wasn’t that great and the “breadsticks” were essentially pizza crust with dip. Then I saw the quotes cited in the OP and said “never again.”

There is a place in my city called Papa JOE’S that is absolutely freakin’ delicious, or if we feel like Crazy Bread we’ll get Little Caesars.

Yep. I like 'em.

I don’t understand this attitude.

Employees work for wages. They enter into a negotiated contract and earn what the two parties agreed to at an arms-length transaction. If your skills are not sufficiently marketable, then you need to do something about that. This is the bedrock of a free market.

Owners, on the other hand, invest for profits. If a company is profitable, that benefit goes to the owners.

So the answer to employees is simple: if you want a higher wage, go out and obtain it. If you want a cut of the profits, buy stock. If you’re not willing to do either one, just STFU.

As far as the pizza goes: Papa John’s is OK. Given a choice, there are five options in my area that I prefer (2 that deliver and 3 that do not), so I don’t actually buy from Papa John’s. As for their politics: they should do whatever allows them to acquire and retain the workforce necessary to maintain a profitable business. I guess you could say I agree with them, though I’ve learned from experience that you often get what you pay for when it comes to employees.

I have no idea why anyone in NJ eats that stuff. It’s on par with Dominos and dog food. I can name five different better places around here within a twenty minute drive.

I don’t eat Papa John’s their pizza is shit and so are the politics of the CEO. If he didn’t want me to boycott his chain, he should have STFU during the elections.