Dom DeLuise has died.

I just saw “The Muppet Movie” last month, and was shocked at how thin he was back then. I mean, he was chubby but he was just chubby. And that was in 1979.

“Who knows? You get your tongue fixed, and you could make millions of people happy!”

“No Applause. Save To The End.”

There or those of a certain age who might remember “Dominic The Great.”

A magic act gone very, very wrong. His assistant was Ruth Buzzi.

“Hail Caeser!”
“What’s next, faggot?”
:slight_smile:

You are a braver person than I. I thought about it, but couldn’t pull the trigger.

The last time I saw that movie on TV they omit Faggot’s name. So it’s “What’s next [white noise]…”.

One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on the Tonight Show. Johnny’s reaction when Dom picks up the broom and starts to swing it at the tray was priceless.

PS- The line of Deluise’s I borrow the most is from the same movie, when Caesar is presented with the carved bathtub. “Nice. Nice. Not thrilling… but nice.” (About 2:05.)

I thought his funniest onscreen moment though was when he tells about killing his father in The End. (“SO I PUT MY HANDS AROUND THE BASTARD’S 44 INCH NECK AND I SQUEEZED AND I SQUEEZED UNTIL HE WAS DEAD!!! Do you think America will ever switch to the metric system?”)

I’d never heard of DeLuise sexually harrassing anyone, but my brother was a cab driver decades back, and told me DeLuise regularly hit on male cab drivers, before and after asking to be taken to gay nightspots.

I liked him a lot in “Fatso” and “The End.”

Check out the movie Fail Safe for a rare glimpse of DeLuise in a dramatic role, as an Air Force sergeant who has to give the Soviets details about how to shoot down a B-58.

Exactly, me too.

Actually, for a man of his size, 75 is a pretty good run.

“Watch me, faggots!”

:cool:

Hfi wfil bgee mishfd. I kseew hfim bescht frffobm sphiffis appfeachddces impf Mfelb Bfshooks pfilmsh… (Removes cotton balls from mouth) Sorry. I just came back from the dentist.

Loch This is the way I see him. Like a guy who wanted to make people laugh. And he did. RIP Dom. :frowning:

I can’t find a site, but it was in the news (well, entertainment news- not exactly front page) when he was sued for sexual harassment from some guys who worked with him in Vegas, and there was also an incident with a guy who did some construction work at his house. He and his wife stayed together for 45 years though.

It’s odd how many of the HUGE (as in weight) stars don’t seem to have really diminished life expectancies. True, John Candy died young (as did his father), but Deluise made it to 74 (not a bad life expectancy), Orson Welles to 70 (so long as they were mostly decent years I’d settle), Marlon Brando into his 80s, etc… Leon Askin(bk4 General Burkhalter on Hogan’s Heroes actually had one of the busiest and most rewarding periods of his life in his 90s (he returned to Austria and founded a theatre troup and a retirement home for Jewish entertainers). I suppose it’s all about genetic wildcards.

For that matter, the average age at death of the dead presidents is 70 years, or 73 if you take out those who died of assassinations. The two chunkiest presidents were Grover Cleveland who died at 71 and William H. Taft who died at almost 73. Had Cleveland and Taft had access to the healthcare as Ford and Reagan [who lived into their 90s] they probably would have lived longer.

Yeah, Jackie Gleason is another one. He made it to 71. And Ed McMahon, who was at least portly for most of his adult life is now 86.

RIP Buddy Bizarre

“Throw out your hands
Stick out your tush
Hands on your hips
Give 'em a push
You’ll be surprised
You’re doing the French Mistake!
Voila!”

Doug Bowe
Wow - thanks for reminding me of that.
I remember the first time I ever saw him was on a Dean Martin summer replacement show and among other things, he did that act. I was a kid, so I was watching that with my entire family and all of us kept bursting out laughing. Yeah, he could make people laugh.
RIP Dominic the Great :frowning:

RIP to one of my fave funny men.