Doperville Mafia - New Players Welcome!

For those who are new to the game, reading previous games may help you understand how we tend to play, but it’s really not necessary. When I’m in games, I always like to refresh people on general strategy and such. Sometiems we’ll make mentions to other games, but it will usually be something you can grasp as a concept without actually reading the thread. For example, we might make mention of how storyteller did such and such in M2 as an example of scum behavior, thus you’d only need to know the generalization of the behavior and not necessarily the specifics (besides, if it’s wrong, people will argue about it).

Beyond that, I give two words of advice. First, this can be a time consuming game, particularly early when there’s a lot of people in it, and it can last a couple months or more. You’re not expected to post 50 times a day like some people will, but it will mean you need to make sure you can at least make a commitment to keep up and make posts. Second, it can rise a lot of emotions, particularly frustration, so try to remember that’s part of the game, and just have fun.

It really is a blast to play.

Aw, you just like an excuse to crunch numbers. :wink:

I gotta say, I’m way more psyched for the beginning of this game than I was for the last one. I had fun playing recruitment, but things just didn’t go well enough for scum in that game for me to really feel the force of competing against some hard-ass scum in full force.

bufftabby, I was reading Simpletown as it happened (the only one I’ve read start to finish, so I haven’t watched a complicated one) and I was dead on sure you were scum for, like, the last third. I think maybe I suck at Mafia. :slight_smile:

If anyone wants to do any catching up, the Mafia “required” reading thread is a very good reference for a newbie to get background on many of the commonly-mentioned events.

Aw, I really want to play, but I’m going to be moving at the end of the month, and that will most likely keep me away from the computer for more than a few days. Is this game going to have the at least 3 posts per day rule?

Typically (and I certainly will not speak for our great and generous MOD - long live the capriciousness that exists outside of our experience) the post requirents are per Day not day.

And True Newbs - FCS don’t drink a beer that bufftabby offers you unless you see the bartender pour it.

And to expand on what Koldenar said. There are also smudges and snuggles (patent pending).

BlasterMaster: Is that gonna be a per use fee or just some sort of lifetime payment?

Because this is a game for newer players, I am not making a rule that requires a specific number of posts per game-day, but active participation is required… Rules preview…

6. Active participation is required. Inactive players may be prodded by email or PM at the request of any other player. Failure to respond to this prod will result in replacement…

So, pprgrl, if its only a few days that you won’t have net access, we can work around that, but more then 3 or 4 days would delay the game for everyone else. Please only sign up if you think you can manage that.

'Salright. My absolute certainty of RoOsh’s scummitude more than makes up for your misplaced suspicion. I don’t usually get so vehement against suspecterd scum, because I’ve been wrong so often. But I knew for the last 2 or 3 Days that he had to be scum. Also, see my voting record in Recruitment. I lynched so many damn Townies it was ridiculouspants!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, peekercpa, you’re the one with “pee” in your name! :o

But if we break your name down into something more recognizable it becomes bat buffy B. Scum tell out the wazoo.

Thank you for the clarification. I have no idea how long I’ll be without internet access, so I guess I’ll just wait for the next newbie game.

Arrrg! Why is my name so hard to get :frowning: It’s a simple, easy to remember dwarf name people, come on! (lots on the off board game were misspelling during play…thats where the vehemence comes from)

My bad. Come on and test the water pprgrl. I promise that I and Coldanar will help you along.

I hate you. Thats a scum tell.

:smiley:

Cool. I have been reading through the previous mafia thread to try to figure out how this game works. I am on page 8 now, and I can’t wait to see who is a townie and who is scum. This new game should be really fun!

CoG888

Is this an NC17 or PG13 game

Basic question: Do I have to say “what up dude” or can I go straight to “stick it and break it off”?

No no… you would have been PERFECT for that game.
:sigh: Where were all these people when I needed them! :frowning:

Vote Collender.
OMGUS. Let’s get the newbs up to speed.

In to sub, because I’m definitely planning to get myself lynched in…er, I mean, sign up for Cecilville. :smiley:

One of these days I’ll have more games where I survive to the end, I swear…