Enough with the fuckin' dog stories!!

I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore!

Holy shit, it’s been almost 40 years. My voice is hoarse and things have only gotten worse. OP needs to realize that with extremely limited exceptions, television ‘news’ shows are extremely limited.

There are now umpteen news sources we can pick and choose from - on the Internet, radio, tv, town criers and so on. This sorta reminds me of those people who comment on online news articles and complain that it wasn’t interesting. So what? You can’t expect the whole world to be specifically tailored to your particular interests.

At least the OP’s news isn’t delivered by The Joker.

James Lileks’ Dateline: Kennel
“…newspaper dog photography was for years the last resort of the hack and the flack, the assignment no one wanted, the crap job handed out to the guys who could barely be trusted to take off the lens cap. Put yourself in a photog’s shoes. Imagine how you’d feel when the President’s in town; you’re handed the assignment slip and see the words: Terrier had 11 puppies. Get pictures.”

I’m afraid that the good Doctor is correct. I don’t begrudge him his correctness, I begrudge the fact that TV news is not designed to convey useful information.

I DO own a TV. Two of them. One is hooked up to my PS2, and one is hooked up to the NES/SNES and XBox 360. What else would I use them for? :wink:

I get most of my news online or from a fairly good newspaper (The Dallas Morning News), precisely because most TV news is crap. The problem is that most news stories either need a great deal more time to cover on TV, or are mere bits of fluff about celebrities and feel-good stories.

I have to admit, though, I might be amused by a video of the OP’s bird whistling La Cucaracha. I enjoy watching pet videos and sometimes browse YouTube looking for them. I do not consider them real news stories, though. They are just fluffy entertainment. Sometimes, especially when it’s kitten videos, literally fluffy.

I see what you did there. :smiley:

Like when a fox adopted an elephant?

Listen, you’re not convincing anyone with your phony War on Terriers.

Is anyone else old enough to remember when dog shit turned white? You would see this dry, chalky, bone white dog shit everywhere.

Never see it anymore. Even when a dog turd somehow escapes the mandated “place in plastic bag and send to landfill or else laws”, they never turn white anymore.

Now there is a story that should be on the news.