Enter Your "Sponsor My Membership" Requests Here

Thanks Frank!

But my end date still says 2007…do I still need to do something else to finish the renewal?

Not as far as I know, it may take overnight to show. I’ve got an email showing the renewal. I’ll followup.

I got a message when I tried to renew another Member that since I had already renewed my membership, I couldn’t access the renewal page until there was less than a year left on my membership. WTF??? What did I do wrong here?

Tess - I will take care of it. But, just in case your circumstances have changed (isn’t Thursday the lottery night? :slight_smile: ) and/or someone else has sponsored you in the meantime, can you please drop me a short note at ifthengotoAT yahoo dot com (<== remove all spaces and change ‘AT’ and to ‘dot’ what you’d expect)

That’s what’s happening to me too, now that I have apparently resubscribed till 2009. You’re not doing anything wrong; if you are not able to renew, you cannot use the workaround to subscribe somebody.

Sevastopol and Tengu, I have fucked up, and extended my subscription for two years instead of yours for one year each. I’ll get it straightened out.

I’m trying to think of a really great excuse to ask for money, but failing that I guess I’ll just ask politely. I’m a graduate student in linguistics, and I’ve lurked here for a couple of years for lack of anything remotely resembling credit, paypal, or money in general.

So… is anybody willing to extend some aid to an unwitting victim of higher education? They tell me that a few years in traction will let me interact with non academics again, but there’s no hope for getting rid of my ego. :wink:

I managed to re-up last year but this year the precipice looms. If some kind Doper could salvage my membership I would be most grateful.

Life would be a lot tougher without the Dope.

Yup, perfect I got the email confirmation and the status in the user CP.
Check’s in the mail right after work tonite. Thankyou sir!

I hope the rest of you guys get things straightened out and get the help you need. 'Tis the spirit of the boards at work here and it’s neat to see.

Check your member status – I think I did it right.

I’ve already encountered what silenus and Frank have, but I’d be more than happy to re-subscribe you if you trust me with your password briefly. However, if you trust me with it for a long period of time, then I just might have to run naked through several threads… as you. :wink:

On the other hand, if you’ve already been taken care of (sounds ominous, doesn’t it?) and there are other Dopers about who are about to lose their status, email me. Then I’ll galavant around nude as you instead of aldiboronti. :smiley:

Just pm’ed you,** faithfool**, only to discover that reepicheep, bless him/her, has already re-upped me. The generosity of this board never ceases to astound.

Many thanks for the offer, and thank you, reepicheep!

Well darn it. I just PM’d you back. If anyone else is interested, I’m still game. :slight_smile:

I obviously don’t hang out in ATMB enough. I have missed all of the people asking for help so far, but I am still interested in helping out a fellow Doper.

I hate to ask, but I have no CC. I will gladly send out a money order to a kind Doper willing to help.

I’ll get you, just give me a minute.

Thank you so much dogbutler. Please send me an e-mail with your name and address and I’ll send a money order out straight away.

Vetbridge took care of me- yay, thank you so much!- but thanks for the offer. I was up early, all excited like it was Christmas morning, and am tearing through the boards like gifts. :cool:

Well it’s another year and I see myself not having the funds for this board at this time. If someone can sponsor me I’ll sponsor a new member later in the year when I have funds (as I did last time)

I got you Manny, It looks like I am taking care of the NJ contingent.
Order Number: SDMB2007040614014200768301

Jim

Much Appreciated Jim.