Enterprise: The Breach (spoilers after US airing)

If I could learn how to complete a thought before clicking on “Submit”…
Back to the episode!

Haven’t seen it yet.

Okay, that’s all of them, but just to get them in one place, it’s:

1. Troi, Miles, and Ro on the bridge.
  2. Picard and the kids in the turbolift.
  3. Worf helping Keiko birth Molly.
  4. Riker and Data going to Engineering.
  5. Crusher and Geordi in the cargo bay.

Hmmm, actually, although #5 is kind of throw-away, some of those plotlines were pretty good. Work and Keiko were pretty funny, and Picard dealing with the kids was endearing.

Now back to the episode! :slight_smile:

link to disturbing fanfic on that episode.

It was not bad…a few plot holes though.

[spoiler]1. Hudak’s conditions hardly seemed fatal…but it could just be because they didn’t show…
2. Why would Phlox not want to treat him when he knows that Archer would if he refused (maybe because he thinks Archer would bungle it)
3. How on earth does Archer know how to do a sex change operation!?

[a big-ass hijack, because I’m feeling disobedient. Sorry.]
My only question is, who the hell decided celery-flavored jellybeans were a good idea? I am eating, as we speak, JellyBelly brand jellybeans, and the one I just ate tasted exactly like celery. This cannot have been an accident. Someone purposely set out to invent the Celery Bean. That person should be beaten, because it was REALLY freaking gross. And I LIKE celery. But celery should be salty and crunchy, not soft and sweet.
[all that stuff I said before, with a slash in front]

[continuation of a previous hijack]
I really liked that four-way (five-way?) TNG episode, as I recall[/hijack]

And NOW, as to this week’s ENT, I haven’t seen it, but I’m hopeful, because I like Phlox. He’s funny and weird and stuff.

is this the thread we should be serious in? I’ll say that the injector core used in the warp engine of the NX-01 is three meters too small and would lead to unstable warp matrixes, causing the ship to explode at speeds above warp 4. This problem is probably due to budget cuts in the set design. also Real Denublians have extra heads growing out of their butts, which i see has been eliminated in favor of not spending money on GCI buttheads or using an actual Denublian actor (which would require breaking him out of his Area 51 cell)

Still watching it, but:

[spoiler]Phlox: “Denobulan medical ethics place the will of the patient as paramount.”

Archer: “What about not doing any harm?!”

Phlox: “Hippocrates wasn’t a Denobulan.”

Answers that question.

The spelunking scenes are well done, so far…

[/spoiler]

Love that music! Coming through very nicely on my surround sound.

Macolm is such a weenee. (I just saw that sliding scene with his arms and legs flailing about instead of trying to stop somehow.) :rolleyes:

In the cave rescue, Travis drops the rock samples down the bottomless (but not quite bottomless) pit

Denobulan scientist weenie: “My skeeliotites!”

Trip: “Fuck your skeeliotites.”

DSW: “Fortunately, I have other samples…”

Even the predjudice thingy was handled well.

Man, I really like that Phlox character.

Good episode.

Next week looks like a PANDARIFFIC ep!

Thanks for putting stuff in the spoiler boxes, but as the episode goes along would have been fine with me. Standing spoiler warning now!

I liked it, but as someone said a couple of weeks ago, the characters never have to compromise ethically. I guess I agree it would be better if they did, but as it is, it doesn’t ruin things for me.

Travis in charge. Very cool, even if he did foolishly break his leg. What a klutz. :wink:

It figures… I vehemently state that this episode is going to suck and what happens? Everybody seems to love it*. Not only that, but they praise the bane of my Enterprise watching experience, Neelix Mark II. Bah!

*Maybe I should do this every week.

And best of all, this episode had a

TRIBBLE! Wooooooo!

Weren’t they unheard of in "The Trouble with Tribbles? 'Cause if they and their breeding patterns were known before then, why was Uhura bringing one on board the Enterprise? Especially when they have a huge compliment of grain on board?

Do you think that every little thing that the weird doctor does gets written up in StarFleet logs?

But, still… the idea of perfect continuity over almost 40 years seems to have gone right out the window anyways.

Hey, in TOS, they didn’t even remember the guy who played O’Riley was being used as someone else in The Conscience Of The King until a stage hand brought it up.

So, lack of continuity has a long heritage in Trek.

Yeah… starting with the second episode of TOS.

rimshot

Thank you, thank you… I’m here for another two hours.

With all the animals the doc has, do you think Kirk memorized all their names? He was too busy scoring with green chicks to remember the name of every fuzzball out there

I’d rather kiss a Wookie

That can be arranged!
Laugh it up, FuzzBall

Don’t you think a round little fuzzball that propogates about a thousand times faster than rabbits would be noted by xenozoologists and the population at large?

IT GOT EATEN!

IT WAS WELL ENOUGH KNOWN THAT PHLOX KNEW IT WOULDN’T KILL HIS DENOBULON WHATCHAMAHICKET!