Even the stupid is bigger in Texas

Yeah, because some politicians in Texas are stupid. Unlike all the other politicians in all the other states, right?

From the linked article.

What’s the factual error **Little Nemo **made?

Well, there’s Kansas, so you guys aren’t the only ones.

Nemo: “foreign flag on her desk and asked people to pledge to it”

“it” refers to the foreign flag, not “America”. Read is not that hard, is it?

OK, I missed that detail. Still don’t think it ranks as equal to what the Texas dumbfuck did.

She’s an idiot, plain and simple. Texas is most certainly a sort of fusion state in more ways that most people realize- we have all sorts of immigrants here, and most of them take a few generations to assimilate. In the meantime, we have stuff like the San Antonio Zeitung, andLa Prensa in San Antonio or Hospodarout of West, or Our Texas, Voice of Asia and the Vietnam Postfrom Houston.

This woman is from what amounts to a big dumb hick town in Central Texas and doesn’t know her ass from a hole in the ground, and ought to shut the fuck up- she doesn’t speak for the rest of us from Texas at all.

Neither do I, which is why I didn’t say it was.

She sent staffers out to get things to display in her office, make her Muslim guests feel more “at home”. Found a Palestine flag, but turned out to be the wrong Palestine. Went to local mosques to see if they could buy a nice framed portrait of Mohammed, like the ones of Jesus with the shiny auburn hair. Didn’t go well.

Probably lucky it was something as relatively innocuous as an Israeli flag.

Okay, I have to ask … how many Palestine’s are there?

Well, there’s the one up north of Crockett, but I don’t think they have their own flag.

Not sure about their own flag, but Palestine got a bit of bad press when they flew the Stars and Bars a couple years ago during Confederate History Month.

Yeah, there are plenty of Texas sized asshats around.

This made me laugh.

She could have framed a recent magazine cover from a certain French magazine.

Don’t see why they couldn’t just use that nice portrait of Jesus you see all over, looks like he’s in a hair commerical, flowing auburn locks your sister would kill for. And just say it was a portrait of Mohammed! That kind of thoughtfulness just naturally wins folks over!

Blashemer! Jesus was blonde!
:smiley:

Agreed. Not to extend the hijack, but for some reason I can’t fathom my own personal Jesus looks exactly like this guy.

I find your ideas compelling, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Where?

Thank you, Texas.

-Florida

I thought Personal Jesus looked like this.

Yes, he was…and still is.

That’s the name of the event organized by CAIR. It is not something officially recognized by the State.