Family Guy Tonight: Entire "Video" Of Conway Twitty Inserted

Jimmy Kimmel doesn’t host Late Night. He hosts Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which has been on for 6 years or so. You’re thinking of Jimmy Fallon.

Sure, but music is an aural medium.

I still can’t see any point to music videos.

I can’t watch Family Guy except in short bursts. It’s occasionally funny but those Overly Long Gags have made me avoid it for the most part. It’s just not that funny.

C’mon. The “Shaboopie (sp?)” endzone celebration may just be the funniest thing I have ever seen on TV.

I thought it was funny when I saw they were doing the Conway Twitty thing again. Then when I saw how long it was going on, I got annoyed. Then when I saw that they were going to play the entire song even though they had to know I was going to be annoyed, I thought it was funny again, like Andy Kaufman channeled through Conway Twitty. I guess I’m the target audience of the only guy in America who thought it was funny.

Actually I skimmed through the episode again, the part where Peter does the thoughtful walk through town while “Dust in the Wind” played was good.

That’s because unlike Conway Twitty, it was actually entertaining.

I thought I was going to hate it, I could see he was going to play the whole thing, but I actually enjoyed the song. He is quite a good singer.

And one hell of a sharp dresser!

I am usually pretty forgiving of Family Guy and all its foibles but I thought that went on way too long and I got annoyed and turned away to play on my computer.

You don’t get powder blue leisure coats just anywhere you know!.

Is it bad that I sort of liked the song?

No, tumble. It just shows that

A. You realize that Country Music lost something sometime in the late-70s/80s when it became so commercialized that Barbara Mandrell and Olivia Newton John had careers in it, leading to what passes for Country today, or

B. You are a dork like me.

And either answer does NOT exclude you from joining pravnik and me in appreciating Ideational Art, which was the Post-Dada of the post-20s. The ENDLESS segue was worthy of our latter-day god, Andy Kaufman. The deciding point? When a someone smashed Marcel Duchamp’s Fountaine, was it an act of vandalism, or an artistic statement?

A lot of Conway and Loretta Lynn’s duets are kinda good too.

THAT’s the problem. These SEEM like McFarlane buying three minutes of animation time, but there are MANY of us who enjoy it from, I dare say, the Ideational aspect and/OR because there is no greater C&W singer that Conway Twitty, except George Jones (see: “He Stopped Loving Her Today”).

I come up from the Art movements of the 70s. Pretend as if I were trained in this. Seth has it DOWN!

Smashed? The wikipedia article I saw indicated that it* was attacked by a performance artist with a hammer, but it suggested that the piece was only chipped.

Anyway, why no love for Fred Goldman’s mustache?

*A replica of the original, actually, on display at the Pompidou Centre, in 2006. The original having been unveiled in 1917, and probably discarded by Mr. Georgia O’Keeffe, Alfred Stieglitz, shortly after its initial exhibition.