Famous People With "Love" Children?

That deserves an explanation, doesn’t it?

Epic French pres. François Mitterand had a “hidden” daughter, Mazarine.

There was a lot of discussion about why this was anyone’s business, why the media were giving him a free pass (on this and a bunch of other stuff), and how Mazarine could be a secret when everybody knew about her.

I believe about a third of current US births are out of wedlock, and presumably some part of the other two thirds have mystery fathers, but since they’re not celebrities…

Since we’re apparently allowed to include historical famous people…

Dr Maria Montessori, who founded the educational philosophy of the same name, had a son, Mario, as the result of a love affair. She basically had to foster him out when he was growing up, but always kept contact, and once he was an adult they would often travel together. She consistently introduced him as “my nephew”. She was an only child who never married, but apparently people found it easier to call Mario her ‘nephew’ than to make a fuss about the matter :wink: Her will, however, made it very clear - she left her personal belongings to “my son, Mario”.

Mario continued his mother’s work after her death, and some of his descendants are still active in the Montessori movement today.

Mary Beth Whitehead, surrogate/biological mother in the famous Baby M case, stated her husband could be the genetic father of the child (despite his vasectomy), and then argued that he was her legal father because they were married when she was conceived.

Of course, Mary Beth Masser and Richard Whitehead were NOT married when she conceived her first child Ryan, and they WERE married when she conceived her fourth child Austin, whose genetic father was Dean Gould. The woman obviously thinks that the father is whoever she says it is, genetics, marriage and legalities be damned.

Does anybody have any info on Bill Clinton’s love child? There was a brief mention of a payoff to a black woamn in Arkansas…but nothing (that I could discover) beyond this. Anyone know?

Pretty-boy actor Harry Hamlin (L.A. Law) visited Greece in the early eighties to make the movie Clash Of The Titans, a kind of latter-day sword-and-sandal flick with better special effects.

On the sunny shores of Greece, he did, yea, develop a hot and heavy thing with former Bond girl and general megababe Ursula Andress, who played some betogaed goddess or Greek, I forget who.

They did beget a child, who, last I heard, was living with Mom.

Harry Hamlin and Ursula Andress’ son is named Dmitri.

Going back a few centuries, Talleyrand fathered an illegitimate son with the Countess of Flahaut. This son, Charles, in turn had an affair with Napoleon’s stepdaughter Hortense, that resulted in a son, the Duc de Morny. In addition, Talleyrand was very possibly the biological father of the famous artist Eugene Delacroix.

William Shakespeare stood as godfather to future Poet Laureate William D’Avenant in 1606, who in later years would claim Shakespeare was his father in more than just God. Of course, Shakespeare’s eldest daughter, Susanna, was born in wedlock, but only by a couple of months.

At that time, many considered that to mean she was legitimate.

Baseball pitcher Tug McGraw had an illegitimate son, Tim McGraw, who evidently is doing quite well for himself. :wink:

I was expecting an article that talked about something other than Ford Motor Company before 1920. FWIW, I don’t think much of their cars, either, but I don’t know if it’s fair to assume it’s the same place 80+ years later.

ralph124c writes:

> Does anybody have any info on Bill Clinton’s love child? There was a brief
> mention of a payoff to a black woamn in Arkansas…but nothing (that I could
> discover) beyond this. Anyone know?

There was such a claim during Clinton’s presidency, but the child got a DNA test, and it wasn’t Clinton’s child. Nobody would normally have even bothered to test the claim, since there wasn’t even any circumstantial evidence connecting the woman and Clinton. However, Clinton’s DNA was already known publicly because of testing on the stain on Monica Lewinsky’s dress, so someone was able to do the DNA testing without having to ask Clinton for a DNA sample.

> And, there are persisyent rumors that both John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton
> have fathered children out of wedlock- what did they do to hush things up?

Do you get all your news from right-wing-nut websites? It’s well-known that Kennedy was very promiscuous and Clinton was at least somewhat so, but no one has ever made any significant claim of illegitimate children. And if it had been true, don’t you think that the press would have been all over such a claim? The right-wing press loves that sort of stuff. Incidentally, why does it make any difference that it was a black woman? Are you claiming that miscegenation is worse than adultery?

Everybody knew…except the public. .
Actually, not only he had a teenage daughter, but he was living with his mistress, not with his wife (and this also wasn’t known by the public). It was eventually disclosed by a people magazine, a short time before his death, and it’s generally believed that the president allowed this magazine to disclose the information so that he could publically aknowledge his daughter before his death.
Both set of spouse/children attended the funerals, and the french public opinion found this very moving.
The medias didn’t really gave him a free pass. It’s considered bad form in France for the medias to disclose informations about the private life of politicians, and it’s not done. Anyway, the public, as I wrote, wasn’t shocked by the situation, though it made the headlines once it was known.

You’re still blaming Ford for something that happened 80 years ago?

You’ve got issues, kid.

Back when this story came out, one website posted a picture of the kid (then about 6 or 8) and a picture of Clinton at the same age. There was a striking similarity. The mother claimed that she’d had an affair with Clinton, and given ol’ Bill’s reputation as a world-class hornball, it wasn’t unreasonable to suspect that the boy might be his. But as you say, DNA test proved that the kid isn’t Clinton’s.

From this page:

Don’t forget Senator Dan “Clinton is a slimeball” Burton, who conveniently avoided visiting his own bastard son for over a decade…

A rather entertaining example of this (at least in the UK) was Paula Yates (aka “Lady Geldof” in the States) who believed until shortly before her death at the age of 40 that her father was the nationally-reviled religious TV presenter Jess Yates.

Upon his death she learnt her actual father was the even-more-reviled TV presenter Hughie Green, and this discovery seems to have played a part in her subsequent suicide/accidental drugs death (take your pick).

What was her mother thinking? :rolleyes:

My favorite one of all is the famous pop singer Norah Jones, love child of the great Ravi Shankar. Is musical talent genetic or what? Why don’t they look for and find the musical gene? (No Gene Simmons jokes, please.)

Crown princess Mette-Marit of Norway has a son from an earlier relationship, before she met and married the crown prince. The boy lives with his mother, stepfather and half-sister (who’s heir to the throne) (family photo). He also has contact with his father. There was some noise in the press in the beginning, but these days it’s a non-issue.

Not blaming them, but certainly not patronizing them, anymore than I would patronize Krup.

It makes no sense to me to reward bad behavior. So I’m blaming the son (or grandson) for the sins of the father. I’m OK with that right now.

I watched a bio on A&E about Andre the Giant and apparently he had a brief affair with a woman who lived in Seattle who gave birth to a daughter. I cannot remember exactly but I think although he wanted to be in the girls life, the mother wouldnt allow it or something like that. :frowning: I believe the program said the daughter would in her 20’s now.