Fifth grade girls have boobies.

Two questions:

1. How long has it been since the 5th grade, and
  2. Are you losing your hair?

I seem to recall girls beginning to develop physically around twelve-thirteen years old, back in the early 1950s. There were a few who were ahead of their times, yes, but they were in the minority. I fear we boys teased them horribly but at the same time, we were intrigued.

On the other hand, I actually knew a few girls who were married at 14-15. Texas was pretty primitive back then and most girls saw marriage as their true destiny—working class girls, I should say, since that was where my experience lay. Those very young brides usually had “older” husbands–18 to 19. Sad.

It is true. Only in my particular grade, most girls are as flat as boards, and only have bras to make it look like they have boobs at all. I on the other hand, am developing quite nicley if I do say so myself. Good sized boobs, and large hips. Downside, guys in my grade are intrested in the other girls. Upside, older guys, such as ones in my brother’s band, like my figure :slight_smile: I’ll take older musicians over immature jackasses my age anyday.

So that was you, huh? :wink:
I remember I outgrew my older (by three years) sister’s bra by the time I was in fifth grade.
I really wasn’t paying any attention to them when they arrived.
One day someone (my mom, probably) said, “Hey, that girl needs a bra!” and I was like, “Oh, yeah. Huh.”

You guys sure weren’t making fun in High School. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heh.

Count me in as one of the early bloomers. I got my period the summer before 5th grade, and by then I had C cup breasts, too. It was horrid being that young and as developed as I was. Nickname…Tittywoman. I’m quite ok with it now, though.

Let us not forget the witty references to “Milk Jugs” and “Head Lights” and “Brrrrpprprprrprrrprrrr”. :rolleyes:

1. 25 years
  2. no.
  3. hi opal!

I just asked my wife, and she started developing boobies in the 4th grade! :eek:

and they kept right on a-developin’…

Huh. Wonder if ethnicity has anything to do with it. Us Irish girls didn’t start getting at all concave until we were 12 or 13, and I remember my first visit from Aunt Flo coming when I was a couple of months shy of 14. 13 was supposed to be The Age, and we were actually taught that in school, in the primitive sex ed of the 70’s. We were told that if you didn’t get your period by 16, you should see a doctor, but nothing about the earliest age it should happen; there were whispers in the girls’ room about poor girls who got ‘the curse’ at age 11, but that would have been considered very freakish.

My goodness, what sort of strange bra would you wear for that? :smiley:

Concave! Convex! Whatever!

I’m deeply left-handed. You should see me in dance class. :smiley:

I know I started my period real early - I was 9 I think - but I can’t recall anything about my boobies. I never really paid much attention to them. All I do remember is my mom constantly tryng to get me to wear a bra. We would be walking around in a store, and she would “innocently” rub my back, and upon finding my back rather smooth and uninterrupted, would ask me why I wasn’t wearing one. Eventually, she got to wear 'em. I wasn’t a normal child. I wasn’t too thrilled about my first training bra. And I can’t say that I recall anybody in fifth grade with boobs, but then again, they werent on the top of my list to look for.

My sister hated her training bra.

The wheels kept bruising her underarms.

I was born September 11, 1957. Having a September birthday meant that I was one of the oldest kids in my class, and then/there “they” didn’t believe in allowing kids to skip a grade. I was 10 years old in fourth grade, and that’s when I started developing my woman’s shape and it’s also when I started having my periods. I was happy to have an hourglass figure, but I was less than thrilled with the whole menstruation business. In fact, I was delighted to have a hysterectomy about 3 years ago.

I never wore a training bra, just went straight to a B or C cup. I got teased a lot when I was in grade school…and I made SURE that the boys paid for that teasing in high school. I have a long memory for such things, and I don’t forgive easily. :smiley:

I was wearing a bra in 2nd grade.

So that made me … hmm. Eight? (I was born in September and went to a school that believed in letting you wait a year to start school if you were born in a weird month …)

I didn’t start “developing” until I was 14 or so, and had nothing worth putting in a bra until I was in college. Even now, at 36, I consider a bra optional unless I am wearing a light-colored or fitted shirt. I was always teased in grade school about my “itty bitty titties”, but I’m glad I’m small – I run, and it’s nice not to have big ol’ boobs banging away in front of me.

My boy is 12, and his voice has changed. This seems early, to me, but that may be a bit of denial on my part.

My mum did that SAME thing!!
I was the same way when I started getting boobs. I hated the idea of wearing a bra. Didnt start wearing one til I was in 9th grade.

As for the early blooming thing, I remember when I was in 5th grade, my grandmother thoroughly embarrassed me when she loudly mentioned the fact that she’d noticed one of my classmates was getting “little boobies!” I went to a private school though, and we were all rather “sheltered,” so most of us didn’t even start paying attention to the whole sexiness factor til about 8th grade.

From the World Sexual Records website…

Of course, these were obviously unusual circumstances (if true) involving cases of “precocious puberty”. Interesting website though, even if some of the stuff should be taken with a grain of salt.

Anyhoo…

Not that I believe it, but did they hang the bastard that impregnanted the 5 year old?

Ok now I know the World Sexual Records website is fake.

They mention some Scottish chick instead of Auntie Em in the Largest Vagina category.