Fuck, some of you are so goddamned narrow minded...politics, bullshit

I can totally appreciate the OP. When I was in high school, my mom was diagnosed with cancer. I can remember going to school, and listening to my friends bitch about the latest fight with a boyfriend, or getting grounded for the weekend, and thinking, my mom may be dying and you guys are complaining about this trivial crap?

But the truth is, everyone is living their own life. Your tragedy isn’t everyone else’s. Just as it’s unreasonable (and maybe offensive) for us to tell total strangers “Smile! It can’t be that bad!” when for all we know their dog just died, it’s just as unreasonable for us to expect total strangers to be as affected as we are, by events that don’t touch them. You can’t demand that people be happy. You can’t demand that people be sad. And you certainly can’t demand that they share your exact perspective about what’s important and what’s not.

So at the risk of sounding callous: People die every day, all over the world. Every day is someone’s tragedy – a lot of someones, all over the world. If we expect our personal tragedies to stop others from arguing, laughing, crying, caring, working, thinking, living, then we would all be paralysed, all the time. Nothing is as big a deal as the death of someone close to us, but the death of people not close to us can’t be a big deal all the time – becaus that type of death is always with us.

I’m truly sorry for the loss of your friend. But your pain is no more important than someone else’s, even if hers comes from the personal experience of being sexually harassed, as opposed from the personal experience of having a friend who lost a child.

I am also very sorry for your loss.

And I know people can get very irrational when they’re angry, but it really would have made more sense if you pitted, say, the doctors rather than people who had no idea who your friend’s daughter was.

I’ve been in the Arnold thread and just so you’d know…it is a way for me to get away from personal tragedy for a bit.

Aside from the fact that my wife is in intense pain for the past two days from her MD. My daughter missed her school field trip to the Zoo yesterday because of her MD (school bus didn’t have a wheelchair access)

I was a pallbearer at my grandmother’s funeral today. While I was at the cemetary I put flowers on my 13 yo little brothers grave who was killed by adrunk driver not too long ago.

I also buried a best friend two weeks ago.
I apologize if my need to get away for a few minutes is offensive to you. I do feel for your loss though and whatever you need to do in order to feel better…that’s cool and I wish you and yours all the best.

Peace

I’m very sorry for your loss, techchick.

{{techchick68}}

Well, now I’m sitting here in fucking tears because I can’t stop thinking about my wife crying all day in pain and there’s not a GODDAMNED thing I can do about it…fuck this fucking shit
goodnight :frowning:

You know what lezlers, I never even thought about that, I was thinking of my friend who lost her fucking daughter you fucking bitch. I can’t believe your sorry ass had something to say like that you are one fucked up bitch.

Geezus, a friend of mine lost her daughter, I am obvious in grief over it and that’s your sad response?

Oh, Good Fuck, you are a fucking bitch. I try to express my distress over my friend’s loss and you offer that? Fuck you woman, please please leave this same planet we seem to inhabit together…YOU FUCKING SUCK…yes you do.

So I am sorry a friend lost her daughter and that’s the fucking response you have…well fuck you and the horse you rode in on…hope the horse you happened to ride in on gave you a terminal disease…fuck, some of you can be the most horrible and disgusting people I have ever known…

Pardon me for wishing my friend had the ability to see her daughter have children or at the least a good life with her neices and nephews…God you suck ass…I am not one to wish ill will but I send that to you for your bullshit…God Damnit.

You’re now incoherent. I suggest you get some sleep.

I won’t respond to the particulars of your extremely abusive post, except to say that it may be helpful to read my posts in their entirety, not just one line.

I said it before and I’ll say it again, I am sorry for your loss.

WOW…again

Was that wishing death on someone?

May your suffering and the suffering of those you love pass quickly.

I would suggest that this thread is really not a good way to achieve anything other than increasing it. Maybe you should stop.

Jesus, TECHCHICK, step away from the keyboard. You’re over the edge in the minefield, girl.

LEZLERS, a classy and restrained response.

T-KEELA, take care, of your wife, your daughter, and yourself. :frowning:

I second Greathouse’s Wow.

I realize being stricken with grief but chastising people for being interested in other things then death and suffering isn’t quite the way to go about garnering sympathy or getting people to look deeper at the world or whatever the hell she’s trying for.

I guess I am a bad little girl so I should cow down to you all and give you all my most of all apologies…my rant about a friend who’s 33 year old daughter is such a bad thing that she died, think of the 50 somthing year old actors that are accused of groping and won a state’s election for governor…Think of the people that Oh for gosh…had to fuck I don’t even know…

I was trying to bring to light a friend of mine’s horrible situation…the SDMB has become a place of heartless and horrible people, just horrible. I should have taken this into account 3 years ago, I am stupid I guess.

I can’t explain how I think of so many of you. You can’t think beyond your own need to be strong and in the need to be heartless souls…Good Fuck, There was a point where I thought many of you had a fucking heart. And you could set aside your bullshit for one second to allow someone to grieve.

Truthfully, this place has become a bad place to see the better side of life…rather than seeing people that really want to see that other people heal, so many of you have become disgusting humans…plain out disgusting I hate knowing you share similar DNA now.

I am crying because of this, yes I am…It’s a sad statement…I thought more of you are humans and with the smallest thought of a pit thread you could go there…guess not.

I am sad, very sad…a friend of mine died and it’s brought out about such horrible thoughts by your stupidity. Regardless how I expressed it…you people are so disgusting…for lack of a better word, you make me fucking sick as hell. A friend of mine died and this is the bullshit I get from you?

I don’t think she’s trying to get sympathy, just attention. Not sure why she’s doing it this way, maybe she’s drunk.

Techie, as kindly and gently (but forcefully;)) as I can say this … step back. Take a breather. This is not going to help you, and it is not going to help anyone else.

What this is going to do is cause more hurt feelings than anyone needs right now.

Please. Get some rest, because you seem like you need it. Nobody’s going to think less of you.

I would also suggest (gently and kindly:)) having a mod close this so that it doesn’t get uglier. There is massive potential here for that, hon.

Be well.

I’ve been going back and forth about this to myself. Techchick, write to me or another admin when you’ve calmed down for a bit. You’re going down in flames.

Lynn
For the Straight Dope