Game of Thrones 4.07 "Mockingbird" 5/18/14 [no spoilers]

Not until now. He died and she and Robb attended the funeral (where her little brother kept failing to light the rowboat on fire with a bow - I can’t hold it against him that was one bitch of a shot to make). Everyone just assumed it was natural causes.

Minor point, but I don’t think he was ever referred to as “The Viper” in the show. I may be wrong. So it would’ve been thread knowledge that would give the episode title meaning.

Kinda funny Brienne told Hot Pie to give them the short version. Yep, wouldn’t want to spend a few minutes talking to your only lead before you embark on a several weeks long journey.

Agree with the last paragraph. If anything, I think she’d have wanted to go back inside so they could sit down and pump him for all possible information on Arya.

Sansa is Horny Goat Weed for psychos.

They skip Memorial Day week because the season 2 episode “Blackwater” (E9) aired that weekend and had the lowest ratings of the season. With season 3, there was no way they were going to let that happen to the Red Wedding and they got a much better audience the week after. So they’re doing that again.

After seeing the Honest Trailer video for this season, Jorah is now and forever “Lord Friendzone” to me. :smiley:

Depends on the Daddy issues.

I wonder what’s going to happen to Robin. How will Petyr explain his mother’s absence? BTW, when Lysa called Sansa over to her, I was thinking that Sansa would have been smart to stay back a little. She didn’t know that Lysa saw the kiss but she did know that her aunt was nuts.

And what will happen once The Hound & Arya and Brienne & Podrick get to the Aerie? Do they align with Petyr & Sansa?

both of Tyrion’s scene with Bronn and Oberyn were excellent. i especially like Bronn’s, a simple and frank exchange between friends true to their characters.

“When have you risked your life for me” was a great line by Bronn, what Tyrion was asking really was way above and beyond even a friend should expect.

I cannot think Robin is long for this world; he is, as of whenever mommy dearest smashed into the rocks, officially Lord of the Aerie. I’m sure Pete “Sneaky Guy” Baelish would be “regent” (or rather, the equivalent, since I think regent only applies for monarchs), but that’s good only until Robin is old enough to rule in his own name. The only question is what excuse Liittlefinger will cook up–or whether he’ll even bother with one.

The Hound is looking for a bounty/ransom; Baelish would certainly recognize Arya’s value and be willing to pay it. Given Arya and the Hound’s evolving relationship, I wonder if he’ll still be as eager to ransom her off when they get there and find it sans Lysa? (For that matter, I wonder if he’d have ransomed her to Lysa, if/when he realized how batshit insane she was.)

Brienne & Podrick… hm. Brienne’s loyalty is to Catelyn and/or the Starks generally. I believe what she wants is to make sure the Stark girls are safe. Will “hangin’ out with Petyr Baelish at the Aerie” qualify? I’m not at all sure.

(Aside: I do hope Podrick gets some chance to show off his amazing cocksmanship sometime again. I mean, he gets prostitutes to give it up for free! The boy is doing a disservice to the women of Westeros by not putting those skills to more frequent use!)

Derp. In my defense, it’s the internet and sarcasm’s hard to see (though I should’ve seen it here).

exactly. "Don’t get me wrong. I like you, but I like myself better. "

I actually thought they were being a little too obvious about that. I’m still half-expecting a bait-and-switch.

No show next week, two weeks from now they will focus on Jon Snow and Bran and we probably won’t see Tyrion (boo), Arya (boo) or Sansa (yay). So three weeks to find out what happens.

Can’t wait until the season conclusion so I can read the third [that which does not exist for purposes of this thread]. I wonder is the fourth will also be split into two seasons. Seems impractical, simply because any series loses momentum over time, and the actors playing Bran and Arya are aging fast.

Yup. Great scene. I liked Bronn’s candid admission that, ho hum, he just might have to kill his future sister-in-law. Also a good scene with Tyrion and Jaime talking, in the aftermath of the trial.

The Mountain is one big, scary dude. I felt sorry for the prisoners being forced to fight him. He was noticeably undeferential to Cersei as Queen Regent, but she didn’t seem to mind.

Dany and Daario get bizzay! Good for her. I think she needed it. But poor Ser Jorah the next morning - “She’s in a good mood.” Ouch.

Great chemistry both between Brienne and Podrick, and Arya and the Hound. Those are some great odd couples on the road.

Does the Red Priestess want Stannis’s daughter along for some royal blood ritual? Brrrr.

Great casting choice there. They went with a medievally appropriate believably immense guy who looks like he got that way by chopping people up all day, instead of an action movie-chiseled muscles-looking guy.

Those are my two favorite TV shows, they should spin them off. Just a thought: those hookers who threw Pod a freebie because of his legendary weiner, they work for Littlefinger, right? Also, the Hound’s scene towards the end of the episode was kind of emotionally effective. Not like it made you cry or anything, but well done.

That kid’s had a “kill me” sign pinned to her since Gendry rowed off into the sunset. I wonder if that will turn Stannis against the Red Lady (probably not) or turn Davos against everybody (good bet).

Best snappy comeback of the season:
“Did you use this love potion on Stannis?”
“Nope, didn’t need it.”

BURN.

I think this is absolutely true.

In an old thread someone suggested that Tyrion actually paid them. So he made sure they got paid and Pod got a nice self-esteem boost.

Yup. And I bet her mother will sign off on it.

I hope he and Brienne get together (eventually). I could see him falling for her nobility/honor, and she seems to be rethinking his uselessness. Plus he’s looking pretty good now that he’s a little older. And if the whores weren’t just boosting Podrick’s self-esteem, Brienne deserves it. :slight_smile:

So she can add to her “Children in a Jar” collection.

I don’t see why he would do that. If he wanted to kill Lysa, he didn’t need an excuse. Her seeing just made the situation more chaotic and unpredictable, from his perspective. Can he be ABSOLUTELY sure that her response wouldn’t be just to stab him in his sleep?

Also, (the actor playing) Pod now looks a LOT like (the actor playing) Gendry.

Because he needed Sansa to be on board with he killing, he needed Lysa to truly show her nutbaggery and threaten Snasa so he could pop in and kill her. The thing to know about Littlefinger is every action is part of some scheme.