George Carlin: RIP

As George would say:*
She wasn’t much of a prostitute, but she had the nicest face I ever came across.*

Or:

Man attempting to walk around the world drown today.

God, I’m gonna miss him.

SSG Schwartz

I was in the audience the one time in Carlin’s career that he was arrested for obscenity (the charges were later dropped). Carlin later said that thing he hated most about the incident was that when the cops showed up backstage, his wife flushed his pot stash down the dressing room toilet.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Haven’t had a celebrity death headline hit me like this since Phil Hartman. Not quite as surprising, but still a loss. RIP George.

I was trying to think of some quote from his works to sum up my feelings… but I just can’t. He was a firebrand, and he will be missed… RIP George…

FML

Damn. :frowning:

Way, way too young to die. I’ll miss him.

Shit piss fuck cunt cocksucker motherfucker tits. :frowning:

He was an original. I loved his fearlessness about being transgressive. I’ll miss his voice.

George Carlin albums were my first vice. A lot of people didn’t like his later work- too angry or somesuch. Not me- I was thrilled to see him refuse to mellow with age or tolerate the current platter of bullshit offered by the powers that be. Smoke something sweet and fat ,man

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/06/62841/index.html

Carlin was one of my favorite comedians. It’s sad news to hear that he’s gone, but I’m just glad he was able to have a full career, leaving us with a TON of humor, unlike say Mitch Hedburg who left waaay too early. I’m not all that familiar with Carlin’s life story, but I believe there was a point earlier in his career when he was heading down a pretty dangerous path of self-abuse…so I’m just glad he was able to stay around so long.

His airline travel rants were my favorite. “I propose we have a new airline called TAKE A FUCKING CHANCE FLIGHTS…no airport security, no long lines, and if the odds are 1 in a million that THIS is the plane that the terrorists have to hijack, at least I’ll die knowing I didn’t waste my whole life waiting in line to getting probed and fondled by some ugly security guy”

I really loved his stuff. I’m glad he lived as long as he did.

Rufus!!

I think Mark Evanier at POVOnline.com put it best:

Ok - maybe not “tits”. “Tits” is a fun word.

Why is it always a minute of silence for those who have died? Wouldn’t a minute of screaming be more appropriate? It’s not like it’s going to bother them, and it’ll certainly get you in the mood for the game!

*The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done. *

Another great mind leaves us. :frowning:

“What if there were no hypothetical questions?”

I’ll miss his wit.

I just hope he got his 2-minute warning.

When BBC DJ John Peel died, they had a Minute’s Noise in his memory.

Damn…sorry to see him go. A brilliantly funny man of ferocious honesty.

Well, fuck.

However strained his schtick might have gotten toward the end, he was still an essential contributor to a clearly-perceived world. We are measurably poorer today.