Glurge will get your ass kicked

Angel of the Lord wrote:

I always bother with Snopes. Now the only time I’m bothered with that stuff is with new people, or people asking for my help in whether something is true.

Cool. I may be seen as achingly didactic, but I’m free of this stuff!

Eve once wrote her usual witty parody on things like this; she ended it with something like, “Now send this to 10 friends, and, almost immediately, you will lose 10 friends!”

[Dr. Henry Jones] But in the Latin alphabet, Jesus begins with an “I”! [/Jones]

[Coworker] J… AAAAH! [/Coworker]

Good. I want it to seem condescending, because it inflicts on the idiots who send this sort of thing the exact same irritation they just caused me. With luck, they’ll get the clue that I’m not interested in their badly written, poorly punctuated, and creatively spelled pustules of lies, cliches, and sap that dissolve into putrescent goop when poked with the finger of fact.

My mom hasn’t sent me anything like this is several years, and I lay flowers at the altars of Snopes and Reply-All everytime I hear another story like this.

This is from a couple years ago when I wore it at a previous job (so yeah, it was a repeat costume but hey, it was new to this lot). I now wear a goatee so it looked even more genderfucked.

“'ey, I’m yer fairy godmother. Youse want I should turn a pumpkin inta a chariot? 'cuz I can do dat.”

Otto, he’s 19 and afflicted with the idealistic, untried, lack of real life training and naivete freqently found in that type of human.

Oh, and for the record, if this coworker has consistantly proven to be not only incompetent, but a “must correct her mistakes at the expense of YOUR time schedule” type, count me in with those not blaming you for taking an opportunity to possibly get rid of her when it knocks at your door.

Yep. You be a perfect employee the rest of the time, you can do this shit. But when you’re hangin’ on by the grace of your boss’s pity, you don’t get to be a fuckhead on the company email system. K oughta get fired, and Otto oughta get fêted by his coworkers for doing her in.

Here is what I see:

1. Inappropiate e-mail send by cow-orker about a candy cane myth

Appropriate response: Delete the e-mail or send a polite e-mail requesting off the e-mail list
Otto’s response: E-mail snopes link to everyone that got the first e-mail.

1. Cow-orker sends inappropiate evangelical e-mail.
    Appropriate response: Delete the e-mail or send a polite e-mail expressing your displeasure with the e-mail and asking for an apology. If not resolved to your satisfaction go to your boss
    Otto’s response: Send the e-mail to the senders Boss in order to ‘get’ someone you have a grudge against.

Thats how I see it if you disagree frankly I don’t care but you admitted it yourself if it were anyone else you wouldn’t have taken this action.

Gee a 10 page thread wasn’t enough for you? Just had to come into this one to get another shot?

Uhh (Crossing fingers) In the name of the SDMB, in light of your “facts” I must ask, Cite? :smiley:

Leaving aside the rest of your response as just a re-hash of everything you’ve already said twice before, I will take issue with this statement again. I realize it interferes with your sense of righteous indignation to deal with the actual facts, but I forwarded the email to my boss first. I forwarded it after the fact to K’s boss, as I’ve said, so that my boss didn’t come off looking like a sandbagger should she move to take action regarding K.

This is, what, the third or fourth time I’ve explained this; is it sinking in yet?

Dear Otto,

I know this is trying times for you: An office politics scuffle. Your friends at the Straight Dope pitting your pitting.

When you stand with Jesus at the end of your time here on Earth, you may look back at this part of your journey and wonder why there were only one set of footprints in the sand… where was Jesus and His promise to always be with you?

It is then that the Lord will tell you that whenever things got rough, that’s when he carried you.

Love and hugs and kisses and kittens!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I thought that was when Jesus went out for ice cream. He does love them Klondike bars!

I believe that most companies have anti-harassment policies. The co-workers email was religious harassment. Whether or not you think Otto should have sent his email debunking the candy cane legend, it was certainly not harassment. The co-worker was completely in the wrong with her response to him and reporting her for it was an appropriate response. Sure Otto could have attempted to reason with her about it but it’s doubtful that she would have been reasonable and the result would have been a worse situation with her and he would have most likely be chastized by his boss for not bringing the matter to his attention first.

You are a sly one, aren’t you? :wink:

Yeah, but what has sly gotten me? I’m still waiting for my ass kicking.

No, Otto, we wanted to see your Halloween costume, not what you wear the other 364 days of the year. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oops, just realized I probably brought this thread back to the front page after it’s natural death. You see, this is why I don’t talk to people.

Pash

That’s hysterical, but you left out the rainbows!

Hey, moriah also forgot the cherubs!