Great Magic Trick (100% NOT WORK SAFE!)

Took forever to load in Firefox, and quick in IE. If you want smaller resolution, here’s a direct link to the blog: http://www.tastelikepizza.com/index.php?itemid=651

Wow that is utterly amazing.

I am in full agreement. It’s really quite a simple gimmick to perform this trick, but this presentation is undeniably original.

My brother the youth minister is an amature magician. It helps him connect with the kids. This is one video I *will not * share with him!

Nice trick, but, man, she’s got some crazy-ass facial expressions.

The music is definitely the Pink Panther theme, played over, and over, and over…

Good trick, nice presentation. The handkerchief never left her hands, BTW.

Literally, a simple gimmick, isn’t it?

Definitely music from the Pink Panther movies. Not the Pink Panther theme, of course, but music from one or more of the movies.

Are you sure she had it in her hands all the time? I’ve played it over and over slowly (not the way you pervs think) and she does appear to have empty hands when she waves them. Unless she has a flesh colored appliance in one of her palms to hide the kerchief I wonder if she’s able to slip it into her mouth or something?

[SPOILER]Simple little gadget. It’s called a Thumb Tip, and you can get one with any decent kid’s magic kit these days. It’s a fake thumb that slides over your real one, and allows for some space to hide something small and flexible… sponge balls or little silks. That’s why she kept waving her hands around when they were empty.

It also allows you to “retrieve” the silk from nearly anywhere, so long as the hand wearing the thumb tip is in there first. Watch the clip again, and you’ll see it.[/SPOILER]

That was awesome. I loved her facial expressions- so cheesy!

Thanks, OP, for that link- I had a good laugh.

How is that possible?

Never mind.

Yeah, it starts getting a little more obvious the fewer items of clothing she has on–what woman NEEDS two hands to pull a hankie out of a bra, let alone anywhere else? For example, would any lady out there ever find the need to use both hands to remove a tampon? Of course not… but you would need both if one hand were pulling the silk out of the other hand.

That being said, great presentation of a simple trick, I laughed like a loon…

It’s the theme music from The Inspector, one of the cartoons in the Pink Panther cartoon series. IIRC that series also had Jawfish (the shark with the bowtie), and The Ant and the Aardvark, with a Jackie Mason clone as the voice of the aardvark.

Yeh-- great gag, but you are right. Nobody would REALLY use two hands to pull out a hankie. It’s too bad, too, because with some practice she could have pulled it out using only one hand. Not that much more difficult.

Thanks Master. I guess I’ve seen thumb tips before but that didn’t spring to mind.

It was pretty amusing. She’s attractive and her expressions reminded me of some of Molly Shannon’s.

Y’know, most magicians content themselves with just saying “nothing up my sleeve”.

I love how un-self-conscious she is about the whole thing. There’s many American women who will strip, but I don’t know if there are any who can do it with such a straight face.

Incidentally, I got the link in the OP to work by right-clicking and clicking “copy link location”.

I believe it’s A Shot in the Dark, a Henry Mancini-scored movie starring Peter Sellers and Elke Sommer that predated the Pink Panther and introduced Inspector Clouseau. Sort of a prequel. I think the theme is looped for that video.

I believe the show (and shark) was Jabberjaw, not “Jawfish”. The them song runs through my head periodically.

– Jabber, jabber, jabber, jabber, jabber, jabber, Jabberjaw…

Thanks. :smack:

Saw this video for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Her performance of the vanishes (and all the hand waving) is atrocious. The handkerchief vanish can be a beautiful effect if done well. On the otherhand 99% of the people I see do this trick, do it badly as well. The reproductions were awkward as and COULD have been done one handed and smoother. The concept is AWESOME. Original and very funny. I love the lead up, where as she has less clothes you start asking yourself… “Is she gonna… Is she… OMG, yes she is!”

Exactly. Thanks to DMark for posting, and thanks to the lady for baring it all :smiley: But that’s really all she did. Learned one simple magic trick and then had the guts to strip onstage. To call her a magician is an insult to real magicians.