Have you received your tax rebate? (Poll)

Which refund? I got the regular one well over a month ago. The Bush giveaway? Not yet, but I hear it will be soon. I wanna chop me down that credit card balance!

Direct Link to the IRS “Bitch Better Have My Stimulus Money!” tracking site

That IS helpful. Now what are the other seven digits and your mother’s maiden name?

My daughter has recieved hers. She’s an ‘08’ number.

IRS schedule said mine would be done on 5/9.

The “where’s my rebate?” tool said it was scheduled to be done 5/5.

It showed up in my bank account on Friday, 5/2.

Do re mi fa so la ti, and Schickelgruber-Wong.

Mine should arrive by May 9 or so. I filed electronically, got the direct deposit and all that. I do not know the amount; I’ll just let them surprise me.

I haven’t gotten mine yet because my SSN ends in 95, but my parents gave me $600 of theirs for my birthday (last monday) because they’re AWESOME! They gave my brother the other half for his birthday (this week).

They haven’t gotten theirs yet, but they’ve spent it :slight_smile:

I got mine last Friday 5/2 via direct deposit and it has already been spent on bills. My SSN ends in ‘03’.

In the mail yesterday I got the letter telling me what I was eligible to recieve… :confused:

I think their information mailings are a little off.

Is a tax rebate something US citizens are guaranteed every tax year? Its featured enough times in US sitcoms for me, a UK citizen to pick up on it as an annual event to be celebrated somewhat.

No. You’re thinking of a tax refund – money the government pays you back each year if you overpay on your tax owed.

This is our Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 rebate.

Nice, if HM Government gave us something like that, I think I’d stretch to a Wii :slight_smile:

I followed Sampiro’s link, and it said: “We are sorry. Specific information about your Stimulus payment is not available.” Encouraging. However, my partner’s SSN says he’ll be paid on schedule May 9th. I can only hope my 90s-last-two-digits-of-SSN is a factor.

Just checked.
Not yet.

Ours was in the account when I checked it yesterday; it may have been deposited on Friday but I’m not sure.

It’s already spent, between kids’ summer camp and a big family picnic we’re throwing this summer, so I can feel good about using it to stimulate the US economy rather than, say, buying a TV produced overseas.

And they spent $40 million to “inform” us about the rebate!

Keeerist.

Ours is only $900.

Probably because Ivyboy filed taxes for the first time, and we can’t count him anymore?

In any event, it won’t be quite enough to pay off our last credit card, but it will get it down low enough that I can kill it with my next check.

Does modified Happy Dance with NinetyWt.

My husband and I have been calling it the Welfare Check.

Thanks for the link, Sampiro!

Says I’ll be getting mine this Friday. I was going to use it to pay off a credit card, but I just ran across an amazing deal on the new car I want, so I’m thinking mine will be going mostly to Japan :smiley:

I got squat. But according to Sampiro’s link, the thing will be mailed to me early next month at the latest.

Our $400 refund was spent on a train ride to NYC for Comicon, plus the food, and gifts for our daughter and the babysitter. We had a great time. I got a picture of Lou Ferrigno, so it was worth it. :wink:

Our $1500 rebate will be split between our daughter’s birthday party, getting caught up on our electric bill and putting about $1000 toward our new furnace that we got in January. It really helps to work for a heating company or else we’d have to have taken out a loan to pay for that a few months ago.