He Hate Me FF keeper league - year 9

I’ll be keeping Jamaal Charles (3rd round) and Vernon Davis (10th) round. I’m going to have to think about Rice.

Any thoughts on allowing 1st round keepers (those drafted in Round 3) for next year?

I’m opposed, but not aggresively so.

If I had to vote, I’d lean very slightly toward no but could easily be convinced otherwise.

Speaking of rule changes, I was thinking that after this year when we have stats to look at, I’d like to alter our defensive scoring system to use the new scoring categories but do it in such a way that the defensive scores don’t really change all that much. Just to add some variety to defensive scoring.

I vote yes. I think we should also introduce the option of keeping 1st- and 2nd- round picks, at the cost of your first and third or second and fourth round picks.

bah, none of my sleepers panned out. I’ll keep Colt McVoy and Roy Williams.

Which means in actuality that keeping a first round player would cost you your first, third, and the player you want to keep in the fifth. Too complicated, I’d vote against it.

As for keeping a player drafted in the third in the first, I don’t see any reason why not. But it’s strangely not a very value-centric choice. Obviously you’re keeping someone you drafted in the third who is now projected as a first round pick… so you’re getting him in the first. Would always end up equal value. Makes sense if you just need to have them again (as in you drafted at the end of round one and you’re keeping Jamaal Charles). Just an observation, I guess. I’d vote in favor.

Well, that assumes you drafted someone in the fifth that you want to keep. It is a bit overcomplicated, though.

I guess that means we’ll have to call the fifth round the “run on ancient WRs on their last legs” round then, eh? :slight_smile:

Not really - I draft 11th. If I knew we could keep 3rd rounders in the 1st round, I’d have drafted Foster in the 3rd round last year (I was on the corner). Foster at the 11th pick is tremendous value. And even if I was drafting 1st through 4th, I’d probably trade my top pick to someone late in the first to vastly improve my 2nd and 4th round picks.

Mildly in favor.

Aye.

Works for me, starting next year we can keep 3rd rounders in the 1st. A reminder at the end of the season would help me out.

I’m pretty firmly against anything that changes the number of picks you get, so my vote is a big no on any system where keeping one player costs two picks.

Yeah, me too. I guess you could slip bottom rung TE players that no one would draft into those spots as fake keepers, and remove them from the rosters after the draft ends - but I don’t like the idea to begin with.

After some time spent looking over ProFootballReference.com, I realized what a wonderful decision it was for the Colts to move from Baltimore to Indianapolis. Now the Colts are a great team every year! I should do that!

So I hired a bunch of semis, packed up the entire home office, and skipped town. Nobody even knew what was going on. (We’re now HungryHungryHaruspex so that all my team’s names match and my raging OCD is kept at bay.)

my keepers are Jerricho Cotchery and Antonio Brown.

I am realizing that I have no time for this this year. Can I get a sub?

I’ll be keeping Dwayne Bowe in the 4th Round and Marion Manningham (for the second time) in the 11th.

Going to keep Blount, Ringer, and Big Ben.

Jimmy Chitwood? See above.