Headlights

That doesn’t make much sense to me, mr. john. Of course, there are a lot of things I don’t understand.

Are you saying that an old bulb weighs less than a new one? And that that weight difference really causes more signifigant wear and tear than, oh say, the previously mentioned fact that the weight distribution in an American car is generally biased to the driver’s side anyway?

One thing I am fairly sure of is that I weigh a great deal more than a headlamp.

No, no ,mel,an old bulb weighs no less than a new one, in fact a new one is usually lighter than an old one. And that’s why it is hard to keep every thing level.I guess you could always put the new lighter bulb on the drivers side. However with a name like that I don’t think you should be messin around with different light levels. And don’t put your self down that way, I am sure you are much brighter than a headlamp.But back to the Op, the reason one headlight is brighter than the other is because the other is dimmer.

“Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.”-Marx

I’m kind of curious as to why the United States hasn’t adopted France’s method: yellow halogen headlights (YH) and streetlights. I drove across France on my way to Ireland and got a lot of grief for having “white” headlights (I was stationed in Mannheim, Germany at the time). Heck, the US does have, in places, YH streetlights. What’s the reason for keeping something that’s potentially a safety hazard when the YH lights aren’t hard on the eyes of the oncoming driver?