Heroes Assemble! All City of Heroes Discussion Here

I’m on Virtue, but I’ve already been invited to join Project Rebirth.

I’m not sure I’m going to keep the character anyway - it was king of a joke character that turned out to be fun to play.

Sorta like Dimsdale, but thenI discovered Scrapper Love.

Whoa, I’m sorry I doubted you. I’ve just been hearing that the update is “going live today” almost everyday for the last few weeks.

Hmm… Now, all I have to do is distract my SIL, so she won’t notice she’s been banished from the guest room where the computer is…

There’s a big party under Atlas’ statue at Atlas Park 1. There’s going to be a speech by Ascendant and DJ Tenchi and all sorts of stuff.

What time?

So how’s the new stuff? I have to know now cause I don’t get to leave work for another 45 minutes and it’s killing me.

It feels like my end use went back up, somehow.

The new stuff. What is there to say? Gorgeous.

The clothing store is north west corner of Steel Canyon, which got revamped. Bosses for Outcast and new kinds of outcast. The Scorcher, for one. Make sure you have space for a mission and talk to the guy in back.

Oh, watch for the ambush.

How much does altering your costume cost? Or do you have to take the mission to do it?

You take the mission to get a second costume slot.

Altering the costume is expensive in influence, but weighted to level.

I just did a little experimentation at the tailor show with Thermocline. I spent about 7500 influence to change his shoulder details from rings to epaulets and his gloves to flared.

Major changes will cost major bucks, and you need to do the missions to get the additional costume slots.

The clothing store for levels 20 and higher is in NW Steel Canyon, as mentioned, and the clothing store for levels 30 and higher is in Independence Port, just a jog west of the King’s Row zone.

They charge based on the severity of the costume change? I wonder how they calculate that. Anyone notice if any new costume options were thrown in?

Last night when helping Shock Elf in a door mission, we both started getting dangerously low HP so we headed to the door to dash out and in for a quick heal. Neither of us could get back out the entrance. Got the Hand icon, but clicking did nothing, so we both got killed. I did a missino on my own later and found the same thing.

Have they changed it so that you are unable to leave a door mission once you’ve started it unless you beat it or die? Doesn’t seem quite fair.

I left door missions without a problem last night, and I haven’t seen any mention of such a change.

The patch seems to have introduced some minor bugs.

Last night I was taking Bovinity, teamed up with a helpful Defender, through a typical defeat all the clockwork in the warehouse mission. The evil machines fell beneath the mighty hooves of justice, but the mission wouldn’t end. Thinking perhaps there was a Oscillator stuck in a wall somewhere, we split up to search the map. Five minutes later, as we were starting to think the mission was bugged, the “Mission Completed” message suddenly sprung up.

I also had a Thorn Weilder scream out a long string of numbers when I snipered him off a rooftop in King’s Row. Interesting battle cry.

Anyone else notice all the impromptu raves that are breaking out with the introduction of the Boombox and Dance emotes?

I hung around the outside of the train station in Steel Canyon for a while last night holding up various “score” cards as other players got off the train. Wound up with two or three other players joining in. Kind of funny, really; someone getting off the train would see four guys holding up signs “7 7 6 3” or whatever.

There was a big dance party going on out front too. I assume you notice that you get different dances each time you enter the command?

A few annoying things… I’m not sure I like having my damage reported to three decimal places. And random aggro seems to have gotten a bit worse. I was cleaning up on a group of Lost and was on the last two when a “Red Ink Eagle Defender” (or something like that; some sort of Tsoo I think) came out of nowhere, hit me twice (doing about 200 damage each time) and killed me, then ran off again. (Over 2000 debt! Yay!) :rolleyes:

Created a new character too; came up with a lizard-looking guy I wound up calling “The Lost Sleestak”. (Just “Sleestak” was already taken.) Radiation Defender. Not sure if I’m going to keep him though…

It seems that the “getting locked inside mission doors” thing is a bug. Apparently, when you exit a mission, you (and your team) all go to the same map instance (previously, you all had to agree to meet in, say, Galaxy City 2). Unfortunately, if the map has “split” after you enter a mission, you can’t exit the door until you finish the mission.

I hope they fix this soon… I’ve had to do emergency evacs during several tough fights, previously. Especially if the mission’s frontloaded- you know, you enter the mission and there 30 yellow and orange 5th Columns just WAITIN’ for you.

By the way, my character on Victory is named FIashpoint (with an “I” instead of an “L”). I had to do that- apparently, there’s a bad guy with the correct name (or it’s a disallowed name, somehow). Still, in the in-game text, my name looks like “Flashpoint”.

Speculation : The minimal enforcement they do for copyrighted names is based on character matching. Seeing that the first five letters of your name = ‘Flash’ they may nix it.

Support : I tried to name my Shadow Stranger character simply ‘the Stranger’ - but it kept telling me that I was using one of the honorifics reserved for high level characters. I assume it was matching ‘Stranger’ with ‘Strange’ based on the same front-first character matching.

Yes, I noticed that last night, too. I step on the streets of Steel Canyon, and am swamed by Tsoo.

Unexpectedly being attacked by high-level villains who shouldn’t be in your zone is usually the result of running into someone else’s ambush. Ambushes spawn for PCs playing their way through story arcs; if the PC is killed by or runs away from the ambush, this leaves aggroed high-level villains wandering around low-level cities. Just a few days ago I was putting down a few Outcast in Steel Canyon when a level 26 Freakshow Swiper ran up and killed me with one shot.

The Tsoo was the correct level for SC, I was just surprised, because I didn’t think I was close enough to draw aggro.

But speaking of ambushers running about, did anyone else notice an unusual amount in Kings Row last night?