Herpes (HSV) Cure?

Of course not. But as has been explained throughout this thread, a cure is a very difficult thing, because for long periods of time, the virus exists only as a stretch of DNA in the genome of your nerve cells. We don’t have anywhere near the technology required to go into your cells and selectively remove and destroy a specific sequence of DNA. The best we can do is try to squash outbreaks of the virus when it’s actively reproducing. And that’s what all the anti-herpes drugs out there do.

Besides which, if we ever do find a cure (or even a promising avenue towards a cure) for retroviruses, herpes would be a relatively low-priority target for it. Herpes is rather annoying, but HIV, for instance, kills.

There is a natural cure available online which I tried and which worked well for a cold sore I had on my lip.

But I dont think I’m allowed to post the manufacturer, so maybe you wanna PM me.

I refer you to post #35.

I wouldnt have believed if my tests hadnt come back negative either

Of course your tests will come back negative for the virus once the current lesion has healed sufficiently. It doesn’t take any medication or treatment to make that happen. That’s the natural course of the disease.

And your blood will most likely remain positive for the herpes virus antibody for the rest of your life, no matter what sorts of treatment you do take or don’t take. But 10-15% of folks do have their antibodies become undetectable eventually, again regardless of any or no treatment.

But, Qadgop, he said it was natural!!

Esco, you can PM me the name of the manufacturer, I’m not scared to post it here for everyone to evaluate. I’m sure the cure will stand up to the scrutiny of a couple of internet message board folks.

Nope, thats not true. Herpes virus is still detectable by blood tests even when it lays dormant

No, it isnt

Thats the only part of your post thats true.

Please dont seek a career in the medical field

:smack:

I have. I can confirm that years of heavy drinking don’t cure it, but frequency of occurence has gone way down. I feel like it’s been at least 2 years.

Oh, Esco. Lest you continue to make an ass of yourself, you should know that our good Qadgop is a practicing physician, and has been for decades, and knows more about herpes than anyone should have to.

Oh, Dr. QtM’s knowledge of penis ailments isn’t limited to herpes, there’s also the dreaded Bagel Dog.

Sorry, but that thread needs to be mentioned every so often

<<sigh>>

the HSV antibodies generally remain in the system, but the virus is rarely found except during an outbreak. That is indeed the natural course of HSV infections.

Some incredibly complex assays can identify the viral genome intracellularly, but that’s just the genome, not a virus.

And after 30 years as a physician, I am about ready to hang it up, having to argue constantly against all the new age unscientific unproven woo that is in constant need of debunking.

You’re welcome.

Stick with it, QtM! Keep fighting the good fight. We’re with you.

Considering his first post, he’s probably just a shill for one of those ripoff “natural cure-all” companies, rather than an actual True Believer.

But there’ve got to be natural herbal herpes cures - there are YouTube videos!!!

Look at it this way - after all this time your comebacks are fast and devastatingly effective, like an ace pitcher throwing the heater past lower echelon minor league batters. :slight_smile:

Okay, my blood tests came back negative for antibodies then. And my cold sores have never returned. I use to get outbreaks twice a year on average.

Did you also know there’s a quick, easy cure for melanoma?! One of the following 3 should work, you have to try each one:

1. Apple cider vinegar
  2. 35% hydrogen peroxide
  3. iodine.

See here: Natural Remedies for Melanoma: Complementary Treatment Options

A an old lady in my building got rid of her melanoma in 3 weeks by rubbing diluted H2O2 on her cancer 3 times daily.

If you’re a doctor then you have probably been brainwashed by Big Pharma that only drugs will cure. This is complete nonsense!!

But my rotator cuff tears are killing me! Both the infra and supraspinatus tendons are completely torn and retracted, the humeral head is riding up against the acromion every time I move my arm now, and there’s edema everywhere!

Should I have the arthroscopic repair, or try an herbal salve on it?

Interview with man who cured his melanoma with iodine:

Esco, did you even read the site you’re citing? Here’s what your own cite has to say about melanoma, in their very first paragraph:

When come back, bring evidence. Hint: youtube videos are not evidence.