Home from the dollar store. SERIOUSLY creeped out.

I really am relieved. I was kinda’ freakin out. I mean, my grandmother gave them to my eight year old cousin.

These were NOT jingly, mmmkay? No jinglers, they. The ben-wa balls I’ve seen in catalogs were unattached to each other. And these (NOT WORK SAFE) don’t appear to be attached and, other than the material, are identical to what was on sale at the dollar store. Sure, they say they’re “stress relievers” but come on, Lilian Vernon sells vibrators as “personal massagers.”

I feel better now.

I saw the OP and was afraid the pretty jingly balls I bought at the Chinese shop in EPCOT weren’t what I thought they were.

Really good way to scare a poor girl, telling her she bought sex toys at Disney World for her little sister.

>>>She told them she had a pin in her knee.
Sorry - I’ve got four pins and a plate in my knee and I’ve never set anything off. Glad she got away with it though.

Ben-wa balls on sale for only a dollar? At those prices, you could have filled a box with them.

For a moment there I thought I had bought sex toys at the age of ten… then gave them to my grandparents.

:eek:

Yes, because things with a flared base can stand up of their own accord, lending a lot more plausibility to your statement (at the Accident and Emergency clinic) of “I was at a party, and all my clothes fell off, and I accidentally spilt some lubricant on the [object] and accidentally sat down on it”.

Well the gadget I’m talking about (maybe I should go get it in order to properly describe it - wait, forget I said that) is made out of black rubber. It’s got a flared base which further has a loop that can be hooked into in case of emergency. Then there’s an egg-shaped ball of rubber, then thinner rubber, then another egg, then thinner rubber, then another egg, and so on, and so on…

I know it’s not the same thing as whatever Otto found at his sick & twisted dollar store. :stuck_out_tongue:

scott, those sound like a variation on your standard anal beads. And I’m sorry to hear that you have a set, because now I’m back to square one on what to get you for a wedding gift.

How about a chicken puppet? Would you and Jeremy like a chicken puppet?

we’re confusing three different things here (sort of like apples, oranges, and pears).

ben-wa balls are inserted vaginally and, as has been pointed out, the liquid filled one moves around and is supposed to produce erotic sensations

anal beads are beads of various diameters ON A STRING that are inserted into the ass and then very slowly pulled out to produce erotic stimulation (the string is needed so that the little buggers don’t get lost and obviate the need for a trip to the emergency room for a foreign object extraction)

the bigger, solid balls are rolled in the hand during meditation (I’ve also seen “worry beads” on a string and my mother even had a “worry bag” (velvet bag filled with sand that she would knead and stroke when she had to do heavy duty mental lifting).

Oh, my God!!! I had no idea that’s what they’re used for. I used to have a set sitting on my desk at work. I worked in a LAW FIRM. That’s hilarious!!!

Anybody know how to get coffee out of a keyboard? I just spit it all over the place.

They’re very handy to have around when you’re a lonely, put-upon naval officer, and somebody has stolen all of the frozen strawberries.

The stress relievers, I mean. NOT the ben-wa balls.

Recap time, people.

Ben wa balls are small, around the size of marbles, typically appear to be brass plated, and are recommended for women to use with Kegel exercises, to tighten vaginal muscles. Alternately, you can also insert them and rock in a rocking chair for stimulation.

Large spheres the size of golf balls or so, which are typically metal or cloissone (sp?), and which usually chime, are for hand exercise/stress relief. I’ve seen them labeled as something like “bao deng” balls before. Yes, I’m sure people have used them for sexual purposes, just like nearly every other item on the planet.

The little marble-sized beads on a string are usually just called anal beads, used for stimulation by gently pulling them out, typically during orgasm.

Yeah, funny story, that. Turns out that this guy, Frank, was out with his friend, Ben. Ben says, “Wanna play a game?”

Frank says, “Sure. But no Monopoly. I always end up with the shoe. I hate the goddamned shoe. What the hell good is only one shoe? So I can kick your ass only half as much? Stupid shoe.”

“Frank? Bend over.”

“Fine. Ben? Hey! Now, stop that! Ben! BEN! Wa…?”

Okay, maybe not so much funny. But what do you expect from a story with only one friggin’ shoe in it?

Stupid shoe.

A “cute little story” told by a friend of mine after attending one of the “ladies only” parties where they sell adult toys. They were discussing beads and how some men like to have them used on them by therir ladies. Apparently one lady called the saleslady after having an incident that left her husband in a fetal ball, whimpering…

The phase used by the sales lady to them by way of warning was…

“It’s not a lawnmower pull people!!!”

[QUOTE=Beltane]
“It’s not a lawnmower pull people!!!”

[QUOTE]

Darn it! I previewed and everything!!

umm… The hamsters ate my comma… Yeah, that’s the ticket!

Those would be anal beads you’re describing.

Of course they are the “stress relieving” kind or the sign would have read “Biscuit Stuffers”! :smiley:

(A shout-out to the wife who stalks me here!)

Your wife? Or someone else’s?

OK, I just have to…

“Isn’t there any other part of the ben-wa you can eat?”

Forgive me.