How do I make a one minute timer?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you this year’s Nobel Prize winner for his thesis that has revolutionized Science and has brought Timex and Swiss Horologists to their knees: Mangetout and * The Gerbil Effect.*

[sub]which would be a really good name for a band [/sub]

(for the record, this is the original Glenoled who registered previously… I accidentally deleted the cookie that keeps my username and pass, and can’t remember the pass)

An idea that came to me was take a bucket with a small hole near the bottom (I’m guessing the cleaner the hole, the better.)
Suspend the bucket a certain distance off the ground.
Fill the bucket to the top with water… at the start, the water will be pissing further from the bucket than when the bucket is less full. Mark where the water hits the ground at the start. Time a minute, then mark where the water hits at the one minute point.
Repeat to test accuracy.

Glenoled, Again

Thanks for letting us know, Glenoled.

You can have your password emailed to you by clicking the appropriate link on the bottom of the login form that comes up when you try to post.

Alternatively, you can email Tuba or Lynn, either of whom will be happy to take care of this for you.

In any event, please email Tuba or Lynn anyway. We’ve got to get this whole two user thing cleared up, and I’m sure you’d rather have your original username than this one.

thanks Manhattan… unfortunately, I’ve changed email addy’s a couple of times, since I originally registered, so it would be useless to me… besides, I post rarely enough that it doesn’t really make any difference if I have a different nick…

hehe, time to change my sig.

That’s better:

I can’t beleive that I only just discovered that **Mangetrout ** has bestowed the honor of using one of my wonderful lines as his sig.

Now, alls I gots to say is, whattsamatta wit the rest of utes?

BTW, how did the time experiment go?