Fluent in (including speaking, writing and reading):

1. English
  2. Spanish

Somewhat fluent in (including speaking, writing and reading):

1. French
  2. Italian

Can converse and read but not write in:

1. Portuguese

I’d really like to learn Hindi or Gujurati, but most of the courses around are only during the day time. I think I’ll need to get a private tutor.

Fluent:
English
German
Dutch

needs some work, but used to be fluent - French
actually, scratch that. My French is pretty much lost forever.

English and Russian.
Someday I may add French to the list.

I’m a native English speaker, and provincially certified as an “Advanced” French speaker. :smiley:

literate and fluent- English

semi-literate and semi-fluent- Mvskoke (Creek) and Tsalgi (Cherokee)

semi-conversational- Spanish and French

English
Finnish
I also read Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, and French. I could speak French with a friendly and patient native speaker.

Is there such a thing? :stuck_out_tongue:

whoaaaaa zing of the daaaaaay! kidding.

Besides English, which is my native language, Spanish.

All of them,
as long as its american.

I can speak English fluently, am relatively converstional in Spanish, I hope to be fluent in a few years, and can read any language that uses the Latin alphabet, and I can comprehend quite a bit of it.

Common, Elvish, Dvarvish, Ogrish, Thieves’ Cant, and my alignment tongue.

Also, English and Czech. Working on Spanish.

And Orcish.

I’m an anglophone who, according to his high school diploma, is fluent in French.

Ogres speak Giant, you silly billy.

1. English, although recent threads call question to the degree of fluency of that.
  2. Japanese, spoken, written and writing with the help of a word processor
  1. English

2. German (by your definition)

However, by no means would I consider myself a fluent German speaker. By your definition, I am. I can (and have) converse with native German speakers, and I can understand them, and they can understand me. I also can listen to German news broadcasts and watch German movies and understand them. I’m currently reading the entire Harry Potter series in German (I finished them in English, so why not read them auf Deutsch!). I can write in German too.

However, I consider fluent to mean it is as natural to me as my native tongue, and German certainly isn’t to me. I probably write German on a 2nd grade level, and when I speak, I often use the simplest words, as I don’t know even close to a comprehensive list of synonyms for most German words. I can understand native speakers, but I often miss certain words and have to get the full meaning from the context of what I do understand.

1. Español (native)
  2. English (almost as if)

My extremely limited school French and German are lost in the mists of over a quarter-century of non-use (none of the spoken French was coming back to me when I was in Québec this summer; though I *could * get a general sense of what some written materials meant).

English and Finnish, although the grasp of the latter is fading badly from non-use.

Including COBOL? (or is that considered a dead language?)

English and trying to learn Spanish. I know enough SoCal Spanish to get by at my taco stand (“Dos tacos de asada por favor! Para llavar!”) but I’d like to be fluent.