How often do you check your e-mail?

When I’m online, once every hour; sometimes as often as every 15 minutes, if I’m really bored or I’m expecting something.

I do this manually too, no fancy-schmancy automatic mail checker.

I guess I should go check out that Y!Mail toolbar.

I always have my email minimized, so how ever often gmail refreshes. My ISP mail gets checked once a day.

I run into problems with replying - it is not unusual for me to save them up for a few days and then reply to emails all at once. If it is urgent I will reply right away, but non-urgent stuff can take awhile. I don’t know why I am like this, but sometimes I’m just not in the mood to reply.

I check my email maybe twice every three weeks. The only email I get is forwarded jokes from my neighboors, stuff related to the message boards I visit and reminders for my Boy Scout troop’s events that I usually already know about, so I don’t really need to check it often.

Since I have AOL, it notifies me right away. So, since I’m almost always online, I check it when I have mail, which is a few times a day. I have friends on vacation or they just moved (terrible luck I’ve got), so email is the only way of talking to them.

At home, several times a day because I have one AOL account and two Hotmails.

I have another that I can use for students and others at the campus where I work.

The one that gets the most is the Hotmail that I’ve given to all the friends and family, the one that bears my username here and so gives me lots of replies to threads; it is also the one where I bought extra storage to accommodate messages from a Yahoo Group that I am on as well.

Ah, so it’s not just me, then!

Me too. I might take a few days to respond to “Here’s what’s new with me, blah blah blah – what’s new with you?” type messages. But I promptly answer questions when the person is clearly witing to take action based on my reply, and I will sometimes even just acknowledge that I have received the message.

Mr. S did call them on Friday night (I’m female, BTW), and it did turn out that they hadn’t checked their e-mail all week. (I don’t bomb people with jokes and spam, either, and have had to ask a few people, including the friends under discussion, to stop doing so. If you get a message from me, it’s got substance to it.)

I have (I think) 4 different accounts, for different uses, and I have Outlook check 'em all once every 5 min or so.

Everyone who truly knows me knows that it’s typically easier to reach me via email. I’m chained to my computer most days, and I hate answering the phone. Email, on the other hand, always gets read.

The way I see it, the government probably checks my email for me anyway.