I hope they shove that cross so far up your ass flames shoot out your mouth

Hint: tell her to avoid South Bend.

Do we even know that the cross burners are Hoosiers?

Under Indiana Law;

IC 35-41-3-2
Use of force to protect person or property
Sec. 2. (a) A person is justified in using reasonable force against another person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person:
(1) is justified in using deadly force; and
(2) does not have a duty to retreat;
if the person reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony. No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary.
(b) A person:
(1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force, against another person; and
(2) does not have a duty to retreat;
if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person’s unlawful entry of or attack on the person’s dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.
Therefore, should if I lived in Indiana and someone was in the process of pouring gasoline and preparing a fire on my front lawn, ESPECIALLY if they’re costumed as to hide their identity, I may well be justified in shooting first, under the assumption that they are preparing to commit arson against my primary residence.

Under the first part, protecting a third party, I would feel justified in opening fire on someone doing this to my neighbor. Of course, not being a psycho, I’d probably walk out with the shotgun first and tell them to “Start running”.

I come from Indiana - I love my home state. My grandma lived most of her life in Tell City. She once told me the Klan boys drove by somtimes and shot through the windows. We Catholics are still there, though.

Was this back when they were opening for The Beach Boys?

I forgive Indianans in general.

After all, the are so disadvantaged.

They have to deal with all that Bleak. :smiley:

Posted by TDN

While enlightenment, of course, exists everywhere but in the deepest of the deep south. I’d really like to know exactly where the “deepest of the deep south” is geographically located. Stupidity and the ability to type seem to be fairly universal, though. So I guess enlightenment doesn’t equate to intelligence.

Bracketed ID of “it” mine.

About 5 years ago a black moved into my suburban neighborhood. There was a cross . Then broken windows and they moved out. My newest neighbors are black. They have been here for 3 years. No trouble at all. The baying of my beagles does not bother them.
So in the north we have some of the same problems. But here at least. the problem abated. I do not know how rapidly it will get better down south.

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Dear Gonzo: I very much doubt that you have the slightest idea in the world about the south, and suspect strongly that you are, how to say it, making up shit based on your prejudices.

It hasn’t been all that long ago that the Church of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan was run in Newville, Indiana, by Jeff Berry. And apparently after he was disabled in a beating by his son & the son’s friend, they had planned to take over running the organization. I haven’t heard anything about any of them for a couple of years, but I can tell you that he was not a popular figure in the area.

And by all that long she means <6 years. He had a billboard that said “White Pride Worldwide” next to his house - people used to shoot it all the time.

Having lived in Indiana for the past 20 years I can say that there is more suspicion of “outsiders” here than in other places I’ve lived (Minnesota, Pennsylvania) and one does meet racist people although it’s not in the air.

I once read that Knightstown, Indiana was named after the KKK, and that the local high school’s teams were called the Dragons. However, a quick google indicates that the town was actually named after a Mr. Knight and that the high school is the Pathers.

In case you haven’t noticed, gonzomax makes up shit on a pretty regular basis here.

I was amused that the baying of his beagles didn’t bother his black neighbors. From his use of the word “beagles” its obvious there are more than one of the noisy little bastards hanging around; I wonder how his white and/or other ethnic neighbors like them. I have to admit that I don’t understand why the baying of beagles was even mentioned unless he is trying to convey that he is a good old boy who keeps hunting dogs. Then again, who the hell cares?

Louis honey, it’s not a place. It’s a scapegoat. :wink:

Oh, dear. That’s where my grandma has lived her whole life :slight_smile:

Okay. Now I know why Mrs. Rhymer was screaming “fuck fucking Indiana” this mornng.

Perhaps she’s just upset that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull isn’t staying true to Indiana Jones canon.

Well, I thought it was funny.

On the bright side, you can tell the Klan is all but done when they’re too lazy to actually stick the cross into the ground (they propped this one against a tree.)

I’m going to go with “too stupid” rather than “too lazy.” Seriously, whenever you see them on TV anymore, it’s always like 3 retarded guys in bathrobes.