I loved Monkey Island

Get Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People. I liked it. However, it probably helps to be obsessive about homestarrunner.com

Awesome. Based on the screenshots and trailer, it looks like you guys went with full-3D a la EMI. Is the gameplay still point-and-click, or is it more of an “action-adventure” game?

Also, is insult swordfighting back? I thought Ron’s blog post had some really interesting ideas for that.

Stupid Question Time, Hobo? What kind of DRM do the games have? Been meaning to pick up Sam and Max, but I keep being DRM-paranoid. Don’t want to eff up my machine.

Hey. Just my usual “Try Pychonauts response.” The wiki link I give mentions that you can get it for free from Gametap, so you won’t be out anything if you don’t like it. It’s by Tim Shafer, the guy who created the Monkey Island series. Warning: While it is an adventure game, it is also a fairly easy 3D platformer (until the last level, that is).

This is awesome news! It looks like they are also re-releasing the original Monkey Island with updated graphics? I can’t find that on the telltale’s store, can anyone point me in the right direction, i’d like to pre-order that as well.

Vampyre Story is made by some of the people who made Monkey island, so you might like that.
It’s a bit short, that game, but what is there is pretty neat.

The gameplay is direct control using arrow/wasd keys (on PC), but it is very much an adventure game, not action adventure. I don’t really want to get into what is or isn’t in the game content-wise because I don’t want to spoil the surprises.

We use the SecuROM DRM. I don’t know exactly how many activations you get but I’ve never heard of anyone having issues with the DRM before or with it being too stingy on running on different machines.

The original re-release is being done by LucasArts, if you go to their site you can find it. I like how they included a feature that lets you play with the old graphics if you want - I like that old-timey feel.

I hope LucasArts puts the stump joke back into Secret when they rerelease it, seeing how it’s called back to in the other games.

Did they take it out of some versions?

They took it out for the CD release because they got so many support calls as a result of it.

What? All this time and no mention of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? For shame, people.

A non-lucasarts Adventure game that so desperately wants to be one(and I mean that in the best way) is Flight of the Amazon Queen, which is now free to download from it’s parent company.

God, the Indiana Jones Atlantis game is one of the coolest, most enjoyable games I’ve ever played. If you’re a Monkey Island fan, HPL is right- playing it should be made mandatory.

Right up there in the ranks for me is Broken Sword- Shadow of the Templars. One of the best games of the genre I’ve ever played. The boyfriend and I still quote it at each other all the time.

If you get Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings for the Wii, you will be able to unlock Fate of Atlantis.

I played a voice-enhanced version of Fate of Atlantis a while back.

Great game!

Yeah, the guy they had playing Indy wasn’t Ford but he did a decent job of it without mimicking him. Really surprising in those days of “Cast whoever’s around the office!” voice acting.