I put Erica to sleep. This sucks.

Thank you to everyone who wrote and helped. really, you did all help. The wife stayed home yesterday, unrelated to having to deal with this. I came to work late after saying good bye at Dr. Warren’s. I only managed to stay an hour or so, then left.

She really was a beautiful cat, and tough as nails, but something tells me Shirley Ujest that instead of bitch slapping Ernie, she’s rubbing it in his face that she outlived him.

The two cats left are feeeling her loss too. Poor Marty, this is the 4th time he’s had to deal with losing a friend. The realization something wasn’t right came at the 5pm feeding time yesterday. Erica was Official Timekeeper, and started the bitching and moaning every afternoon. Yesterday, Marty and Scarlett were just sitting there leaderless when I got up to feed them. When I only put one bowl down for them to share (Her Highness ate from a separate bowl), They both did a double take and looked at where the second bowl should have been before eating.

Yeah, I lost it again.

How I’d like to remember her

Oh, that made me cry.

I also had an Ernie. He too was the Best. Fucking. Cat. Ever.

He died three months after his sister Bert, nearly two years ago to the day. There’s not a moment goes by that I don’t miss them.

I’m so sorry for your loss, mr bus guy. But I’m delighted you were able to give a beautiful kitty so much love.

What a wonderful kitty! She was lucky to have had you.