I Think They're All Bozos In This Base: More Al-Qaeda Idiots Apprehended

Of course the police should be involved in a case like that. I just somehow doubt that the White House Press Secretary would be involved, since the KKK doesn’t swing the same kind of bogeyman weight in America anymore.

Being the prescient sort I am, I already responded to this in the OP, as follows:

I think that handles Mr. Moto’s response too.

Just let me know when they catch a terrorist by torture, exraordinary rendition, or wiretapping U.S. citizens.

:shrugs:

If the White House hadn’t mentioned it, y’all would be fulminating about a cover-up.

So what do we learn from this? That the most important thing, upon discovering a plot to commit mass murder, is to bash Republicans for speaking about it.

God knows stupid people are never dangerous. I mean, who tries to hijack a plane with a box cutter?

Regards,
Shodan

It merited the notice of the White House Press Secretary because he was asked a question by one of the reporters present. Tony Snow made a couple of general remarks and asked the reporters present to watch the briefing by U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey Chris Christie.

Looks like the question was being kicked down to an official that could best answer it. Tony Snow does this all of the time.

I hope this reassures you, RTFirefly.

Gawrsh, you aren’t suggesting some sort of cynical political motivation, are you? :dubious:

By which one of them?

There’s no need to choose! :slight_smile:

Sounds terrifying. If only there were something you could do about it.

Given the choice, I’ll take bumbling, stupid, failed terrorists over successful ones of any stripe all day long.

These arn’t the guys we are looking for.

Probably they are the guys we are looking for.

Small cells of unsophisticated juveniles

• look at 7/7 and 21/7 in the UK - also the fertilizer bunch

And I hope the part of my OP that I quoted reassures both you and chappachula that I was glad to see police involvement in this matter.

Underestimation has led to the debacle we’re in right now.

Which debacle that we’re in right now?

Iraq of course.

What about the Yellow Donkeys?

I have noted many times before on these boards that in the officer ranks in the military, Republicans outnumber Democrats about eight to one. That reflects an unwillingness of college educated liberals to serve the military, and predates the Iraq War and the Bush Administration by some time. Indeed, this disparity was noted in the Clinton era.

So we can talk about individual examples all day long, but in the aggregate, Republicans are doing their part in this area far more than Democrats. So maybe you ought to lay off this kind of heavy handed criticism until such time as your party steps up to the plate itself.

That’s an assumption, not the only possible conclusion from the fact you’ve cited.

You might note that officers in the military both usually attend a service academy during the formative time of their adult life and usually make a longer career in the military than enlisted soldiers.

It is also possible to conclude that experience in the academies and being long-term military somehow encourages people to become Republican. Unless you have data on whether people were Democrats or Republicans before they sign up, you don’t actually know who is doing the sign up - you only know what the political beliefs of those currently in the military are.

It’s a little unreasonable to say then that Democrats aren’t “doing their part.”

How do you know that Democrats or undecideds don’t sign up, and then become Republicans?

How do you know that Democrats don’t serve in other ways?

How do you know that Karl Rove’s son, who was criticized on that Yellow Elephants website, also isn’t serving in another way?

I would never call out someone for not serving, and indeed I have blasted people on these boards who have done so. The military is not for everyone. I think, though, that if you choose to criticize in this area you ought to be sure your own house is in order.

I do not see how criticism can be made of individual Republicans for not serving when Republicans as a group are doing so far more than Democrats.

I don’t really care what the Yellow Elephants website says because I haven’t read it - indeed only now that I have heard the term “Yellow Elephants” can I even guess what “Yellow Democrats” meant in your post.

I did read your post and it sounds like a blanket criticism of Democrats in aggregate - if I’ve misinterpreted, please clarify.

Perhaps the individual part is more important than the Republican or Democrat part? (i.e. criticism of a person rather than a group?) I imagine there are idiots out there saying “all Republicans are <insert insult>” - I guess from your tone that these “yellow republicans” website people are doing that. However, I am not one of them.

Now that I’ve answered your questions, would you be so kind as to answer mine? :slight_smile: