In modern day America, we all live on the streets and eat coffee made from snow!

I thought Tuesday was Soylent Green day.

Dude, calm down and have some heroin.

And if they did see it, the probably response would be “Wait a second, people in America have tents and corridors to live in?”

I find it hard to believe the propaganda people in N. Korea could possibly be that uninformed. CNN is seen world wide by satellite. There’s internet access and 24 hour news. That should be available to the privileged party members. That sort of information would be work related to people crafting propaganda for the government.

I know much of N Korea is pretty much without technology. I’ve seen that famous map showing that area in darkness and South Korea all lit up. But, the top level party members should still have a few perks.

You North Americans don’t know how good you have it. Here in the sub-tropics we have no snow. We have to just imagine what coffee would be like, and then attempt to feel perked up based on the fantasy.

Privileged party members might know the truth about the rest of the world, but why would they want to do anything that would cause them to lose the money and power that they currently hold ?

The propaganda people probably benefit from keeping the lie going.

But at least the Australian government hands out free heroin to the people dying in the streets for the want of coffee made from snow, so we can die hungry but happy.

Thank goodness the NK provided cloth to the Red Cross for tents, real coffee, blankets and cake!

The cake is a lie.

You New South Welshman get all the perks. When we bananabenders are dying in the streets and need a buzz the government just gives a piece of paper called “how to catch a canetoad”.

Of course, we’ve already eaten all our canetoads.

I’ve heard of “special snowflakes”, but… :slight_smile:

But WTF was with the shot of the Gare du Nord entrance and the comment about the government disguising the US as a foreign country?

Yahoo now has an update saying that the guy who gave it to them admitted faking the translation, but he still says the video is legit.

So I’m not even *getting *my bird, snow coffee, and government heroin? :mad:

Nobody gets the government heroin. You just wait for it.

Oh please. You’re Australian. If we gave you coffee, it would just pour out of your cup, because everything in your country is upside-down.

Surely we have some Dopers who speak Korean?

(I once had a Korean-speaker do subtitles for a film with me. I remember the first sentence sounded like “tsing-gaa tuhkka tsing-gaa” and I think it was meant to be something about a respected scientist… that’s the full extent of my Korean.)

Turns out you were asking them to translate an episode of The Goon Show.

It would have been easier if they’ve shown post-Katrina storm footage.

But then, nobody in NK would believe it :d