In your opinion: What's a sandwich?

Two slices of bread with stuff in the middle. It doesn’t count if the bread “cups” the stuff, like a taco or a hot dog*. It has to be two separate, distinct pieces of bread.

*anyone get an erection from that sentence? Just me? … Hello?

So a sub whose loaf wasn’t cut all the way through isn’t a sandwich?

What about soup in a bread bowl?

A burrito is not a sandwich.

I consider all the choices sandwiches. I also consider wraps (in a tortilla) a sandwich.

And also John Montagu.

I wouldn’t call it a sandwich, any more than I would call a square a rectangle. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t.

I’d call it a breadbowl of soup. It can be a sandwich if you want it to be, but I’m not fussed either way.

Burritos and wraps are subsets of tacos and are clearly not sandwiches.

Burgers cannot be a sandwiches because they come with fries. Sandwiches come with chips.

Moving from IMHO>CS.

Excuse me, but “sub” is a shortened form of “submarine sandwich.” Don’t they teach you kids anything these days?

Burgers are sandwiches, but hot dogs are not because the bread is on the sides, not the top and bottom.

I have the opposite problem in China. KFC calls their chicken sandwiches “hamburgers” which causes all kinds of confusion when I’m talking about western food to Chinese people.

All hamburgers are sandwiches. Sandwiches (unless they compose of buns and ground beef patty) are not hamburgers.

Yes, when they were young, they were submarine sandwiches, but then they grew up and matured into adult identities of their own.

When is the last time anyone ever walked up to a counter and ordered a submarine sandwich, or a hoagie sandwich, or a grinder sandwich. You would be laughed out of the place.:eek:

A sub is a sub. A grinder is a grinder. A hoagie is a hoagie. A burger is a burger.
A hot dog is a hot dog. :stuck_out_tongue:

I give you: Earl of Sandwich.

I never call a burger or a sloppy joe a “sandwich” but I won’t argue with you if you want to

A sandwich is something “sandwiched” between two pieces of bread-like substance. Online dictionary(ies) definition:

This means that fucking hotdogs and fucking hamburgers and fucking hoagies are sandwiches, goddamnit.

I don’t agree with ©. © is shit on a shingle, or SOS.

Layer of carbs +stuff +another layer of carbs is a sandwich. So they’re all sandwiches except I guess for the open faced sandwiches but honestly I generally manage to fold those over somehow as well. This also means that tacos are a sandwich, burritos are a sandwich, pitas are a sandwich and wraps are a sandwich.

Prymaat: Organically-enacted meat or vegetable matter between two starch plains.

Frankfurter sandwiches.

I have never seen coneheads so your post was causing me no end of confusion. Is it a rebuttal? A confirmation? A nonsequitur? I don’t understand! I think I have it figured out now. Yes, I think I agree with Prymaat.