Iowa Gets Serious About Its Vampire Problem

Too bad it’s not bacon salt…

That’s my concern. If it’s anything like the Tone’s garlic salt I have sitting on my shelf right now, it has shitloads of dried garlic in it. There are potentially a LOT of small mammals that could be killed. Mice, shrews, voles, moles, opossums, squirrels, cats, dogs, etc. Seems like a very bad idea to me.

Ogre, they mixed it with regular road salt. If the garlic salt was destined for a landfill, it’s expired, flat, lost potency and flavor. By the time the stuff’s spread on the streets, it’ll be mixed with snow/water, dirt, gravel, etc. It won’t be appetizing to anyone, not even hungry little animals.

But they will be nicely seasoned. Win-win for everybody!
And Q.N. Jones, having lived previously down wind from National By-products I will take the Tone’s plant anyday.

You’d have accidents galore. It’s hard to watch for traffic when you’re licking the road.

That only works when the temperature is six degrees.

Am I the only longtime Upper-Midwesterner who is wondering if this will be the first time anybody in Iowa has smelled garlic?

It was great when my parents got old and couldn’t taste anything anymore. They believed me when I said, “No, this doesn’t have ANY garlic in it. I know how the very thought of eating garlic makes you nauseous.”

I didn’t know my mother was from Iowa. Growing up I never tasted garlic unless we were at a fancy restaurant (like Fazolli’s).

Her recipe for spaghetti sauce (passed down through the generations) was -
Canned tomato sauce
Browned & crumbled hamburger
1 Tbs “Italian Seasoning”

Some road salt would have helped

How I can relate! My mother is from Iowa. After I grew up and started doing my own cooking (which involved learning a lot of authentic Chinese and other ethnic recipes) I of course began cooking with large quantities of fresh garlic.

I thought nothing of this until the day I was visiting her and offered to prepare a meal. When she saw me mincing a whole garlic clove and throwing it into the pan she shrieked in horror.

I just figured it out: my mother is a vampire! :eek:

Ummmm, garlic seasoned raccoon bacon:)

Even better : garlic seasoned vampire raccoon bacon

Sucks to be you.