Is my chocolate mousse safe to eat?

There are some people (older people, pregnant women, or people with weakened immune system) who shouldn’t consume raw eggs since salmonella poisoning is likely to be more serious for them, so not mentioning the raw eggs isn’t the best idea.

Right, I’d say it’s not that you’ve been lucky so far, it’s more like you haven’t been (pretty badly) unlucky. Remember, even if an egg does have detectable salmonella in it, that doesn’t mean it will certainly make you sick. So your odds are even better than the 1 in 20,000 or whatever.
Which to me certainly seems worth the risk for mousse, egg nog, or cookie dough. Though I wouldn’t give any to immune-sensitive folks (babies, pregnant women, organ-transplantees, surgically-created human-animal chimeras, etc.)

You have to be careful with chocolate mousse. If it has a chalky undertaste, you could wind up getting raped by Satan and giving birth to the anti-Christ.

Rosemary’s Baby, in case you didn’t catch the reference.

No, I get that. It’s why I never ever joke about it being chocolate “mouse”.

Also, I should clarify. It’s not twenty years I’ve been making this. I forget how many years it’s been, but I’ve made it twenty times. Or more; maybe closer to thirty. And a lot of different people have shared it, presumably people with varying immune systems. No pregnant women, though!