Is the average time for sex really this short?

Excellent user name for any posts in this thread.

For reference, deep is overrated as well. Some women might like a bruised cervix, I find it uncomfortable.

It’s the flip side of Cosmopolitan advising gals to “drive him wild in bed by yanking on his testicles! He’ll love it!”

… if this is answered somewhere can somebody point it out.

From the OP

I’ve not timed it - but in general, the “actual intercourse” is, as it were, the icing on the cake, or the fireworks at the end of the festivities. It usually does not last very long, because so very much has happened before it. :cool:

I guess nobody has ever heard of Tantra…

So, Shagnasty is Sting?

:wink:

3 - 7 minutes from “Honey, I’m home” is much too short. But if it times actual PIV serious thrusting, I’ve likely already climaxed a couple of times. At that point, I am fine if he brings it to a finish. If he has had enough time to be satisfied, and I don’t think ejaculation is the only measure of that, then I think all is well and we should put away the timers.

I can relate to OP, but I’d add that if you were doing the same exact thing the whole time you are both in great danger…

OF FALLING ASLEEP!

While I think there is some merit in a longer session, the benefit to drawback ratio is certainly present. Individual enjoyment may vary, but generally PIV benefit to drawback starts to flip around the half hour mark. After that I’m generally numb and I’m just doing it (in my youth) for the benefit of my own ego. It makes a great story, sure, but that certainly isn’t what the act is about.

With nothing but enjoyment in mind, a usual session is about 20 minutes. That is an estimation because anyone who has any interest in a clock while making it is certainly doing it wrong and therefore disqualified.

He didn’t say he was hard.

Tantra is only about 10% about sex, and of that, only about 30% about PIV sex.

And it’s overrated.

*numbers derived rectally.

Yeah. Vaginas have mucous membranes. Marathon sex is miserable. If we’re talking strictly about the part where the penis is inside the vagina, it gets boring/tiring/painful after 15 minutes–even with position switches. Let’s get it over with, please!

Extended foreplay is cool, though.

It takes time to count all the holes in the ceiling tiles!

When I was a little tyke I enjoyed reading, and it got me into trouble a few times. I must have been seven when I found and read Sam,The Ceiling Needs Painting, a book of foot cartoons. I had no clue what was going on. It was my mom’s book so I asked her. She changed the subject, I guess.

He had a great line about this when people made fun of his claim of marathon tantric sex, something like “I can make love for four hours straight. Of course, that includes dinner and a movie!” :smiley:

I think we generally go for 20-30 minutes from the time the first hand begins caressing the first erogenous zone, until the last orgasm has ended and we’re in cool down mode. Sometimes it’s as fast as five minutes or so when we’re too worked up to make it last, and there have been a few sessions that lasted an hour or more, but those include starting in the restaurant, continuing in the car on the drive home, and working our way upstairs dropping clothes on the way and breaking out the box of toys.

But like some others have mentioned, you can’t just keep thrusting for that long- nearly every session of ours involves changing positions at least 3-5 times- starting with hands, then fellatio, then PiV to cunnilingus or fellatio, back to PiV (or PiA), missionary, doggie, and any number of other positions that work for all interested parties.

Whew- I may need a cold drink.

As John Lennon said, sex is 99% imagination and 1% friction.

3 minutes is like 10 orgasms for her.

Not my fault if you picked the wrong person. :smiley:

6-7 minutes of PIV time sounds about right to me. If there’s been no happy ending by ~10 minutes, it’s time to pull out and snuggle.

At least, that’s what I vaguely remember from pre-parenthood days. :eek: :smiley: