Is this what being a cat lady feels like?

The only thing that gets me is, this is going to cost me about 200 bucks at the vet before it’s all said and done. I could rescue 4 whole cats from the city kill shelter for that. (I mean, I don’t want 4 more cats. But I could get sweet friendly ones who don’t need “work.”) However, this one was right there.

He’s still being mad at me behind the toilet, but overnight he ate his can of food and peed in the litterbox. I’ve always been told that cats litter train themselves and thought, yeah right. Lo! and behold, it is the truth. No poop as of yet. He did not dig in the box at all, however.

Still no confirmation on gender. However, the vet said if it was female it would probably be pregnant and I’d have noticed it.

I have never gelded pigs, but I have been involved in the other end of pig production - my job was running the scalding kettle. It sucked.

You could rescue 4 other cats but you’ve already rescued this guy and you can’t just take him back where you found him because you will feel even more guilty. Give him time, he should adjust.

As for the cat lady thing, we’ll talk more when you have 10 cats and you bring home kittens to foster. Gotta go feed the kitten now.

You could have rescued four cats, but you didn’t. You rescued this one. It’s often said by cat lovers that a cat will choose you rather than the other way round. I think you just proved that one!

Umm, so what’s going to happen to his brother? Is he still living under the porch?

Yeah, he has two porch brothers. I’m going to trap them and get them neutered, if nothing else.

ETA - Himself says he “misses his porch cat, kinda” so I told him his new job is to get cat 2 to let himself be petted. Cat 3 is an old school feral and will never be tamed, but 2 seems curious. At any rate, I’m going to borrow traps from the Humane Society and get them snipped so we don’t have more porch cats.

Three cats can be justified, but thinking like this does threaten to put you into Crazy Cat Lady territory, so be careful. :wink:

Nah, 3 is cat lady. Two is normal pets, 'cause they’re funner when they have somebody else to play with, and the dog can’t be around the cats. 3 is getting, you know… bad.

Also, I’m a librarian. I have to be careful about this sort of thing.

Nah, I think you’re still ok with three - and a lot of it depends on your housekeeping skills. If you keep the fur tumbleweeds to a minimum, there’s no cat vomit on the floor for more than a day, and every available surface isn’t covered with dirty cat food dishes, you’re still not a crazy cat woman.

Oh. Too late, then.

And hard on the ears. Pigs can squeal really loud, you know. And one time I came away from the job with ticks in my hair.

A great job to be done with, but not so much to look forward to.

Well, Stokie is definitely a male. (I think. I mean, I don’t know for sure what a female looks like, but there were fuzzy balls.) He let me pick him up, cuddle him, didn’t try to get away at all. He was all about the drooly face scritchins and a lot more comfortable today, although he didn’t leave his little cat carrier cave voluntarily.

I called Himself with the good cheaper-neuter news and he said, “Don’t get too attached now! We are not having a three cat house!” I was all, “I thought we hadn’t decided that?”

Mr. Man may not realize that we’re going to have a three cat house, unless I find somebody who really, really wants this cat. I mean, we can always TRY him with the other cats and see how it goes, right?

most def. right.

good news on the boy type. they are a bit cheaper and heal up faster.

i gave coritsa the cuddley the kitten food because she is under a year old and not spayed yet. as soon as she is spayed (gov. money as well.) the kitten food will stop. it took about 5-7 days for her fur to feel nice, smooth, and soft. at the size she was, she was def. not getting enough or good nutrition.

she still looks very skinny and i’m hoping to get her up around 6.5-7 lbs before the operation, unless she goes into heat. then all bets are off, and in she goes.

coritsa could have been the title cat in the smelly cat song. her poo and flatulance was unbelievably powerful! not quite as bad as malenka but dang close. within 4 days of the deworming/parasite med. things were quite a bit better.

I took him to the vet this morning. He was so scared - his ears were shaking. :frowning: He did perk up when he saw the vet office cat, though - he made a noise at it that he doesn’t make at us.

Good news - he tested negative for FIV/leukemia, he’s out of surgery, dewormed, vaccinated, and deflead. He’s ready to come home after 3 or so.

A damn sight better than living in a trailer… down by the river.

You might think so, but you haven’t seen the porch. :slight_smile: On the other hand, he wasn’t in danger of being eaten by Chris Farley.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I totally misread the title.

Is this what being a lady cat feels like? ie. You woke up this morning craving rough sex.

No, we’re not going to discuss where my mind is, thank you.

Oh well. Contratulations.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

mRRRAWWWR. :wink:
Stokie has gone back to his non-scared porch state of sweetness. I have, now that the fleas are gone, for the first time worn my Stokie shirt where the other cats can smell it an get a whiff of him. I am being attacked by kitty noses.

Such a dangerous wild animal this is. So shy of humans! That’s his favorite kind of rubbings - chin and face. He dools when you do that. Like our other cats, he also enjoys sweet belly rubs. He absolutely doesn’t want to leave my lap, ever.

Himself does have some real points, though. The house is a mess and cats don’t help. Three cats is a hell of a lot more cats than two cats. I point out that he didn’t want to get Eddles at first and he pointed out that I had to get a robot to clean up the cat poop. Sigh.

I told him I’d make a good faith effort and put up flyers at work and such, but I won’t Craigslist him. Meanwhile, I’m off tomorrow so I’m going to try to clean and maybe sway Himself. :slight_smile: I seriously don’t know if I can let this guy go - he sits on my lap so sweet and just cuddles and cuddles with me. Once you start rubbing under his chin he doesn’t want you to stop, and he gets all up in your business. It’s so sweet and precious and dear me, I am attached.