It's finally come to this: I pit my cat

I’ve found that using borax – just ordinary laundry borax – can eliminate fleas quite harmlessly. I sprinkle it generously on carpets, furniture, anything upholstered, rub it in a bit, let it sit for, at minimum, an hour and overnight is better, and then vacuum it up. It’s never failed me.

I’ve never had a cat that was a biter, thank heaven. Although I’ve never had a cat that didn’t destroy at least one piece of furniture from shredding it, and I’ve spent my life coated with cat hair; I long ago accepted that you can either have nice furniture or cats, but not both.

There’s not a rule against cursing in MPSIMS, as far as I know. The Pit is just the only place you are permitted to insult another poster, as far as I know. So unless your kitty posts here, I think you’re OK.

If she does, then you’ve got bigger problems than I know what to do with. :smiley:

Ok, that last picture is ridiculously cute.

Wanna pit Boris, too? sure, he’s cuddly and fluffy and shit, but he’s a damned asshole.

I know it’s cheap, but I couldn’t help myself…

The thing my cats hate most is chemical smells–even things that don’t smell bad to me, like scented lotions. Nail polish remover is the one that causes them to actually turn and run when they smell it.

I love it! Now Elvis reminds me of those silly “IM IN UR FRIDGE EATIN UR FOODZ” cats.

Thank you. We were told that from the vet and bought some from their office when we couldn’t locate it elsewhere.

Haven’t used it yet…been too busy…need to make time for that.

And I guess I’m going to have to accept that it’s either nice furniture or cats. It’s just that I’d rather it be nice furniture. Maybe in about 15 years.

Oh man, that is the best damn smirk I’ve seen since my dog’s puppies were getting wormed and she turned to smirk at them for all the hassle they’d given her. I only mmention it because she was in the exact same pose and facial (muzzle?) position.

Actually, you’re lucky. Historically, the Ottomans usually eat the Perisans.

Sailboat

Aww but a couch won’t curl up in your lap and purr!

If I need something to lay in my lap and purr I’ll just call my husband over. :wink:

I know, it does sound harsh. Maybe I’m just over my pet loving years. I’m getting increasingly cranky in my old age.

I love those cat pictures. Thank heavens for being easily entertained. :smiley:

LOUNE, Boris does look like an asshole.

Cats are Nature’s way of telling you that your furniture is too nice.

There’s a reason for that. He can be an asshole.

Bolding mine.
Oh, by the way, for comparison’s sake (warning, chocolate starfish!).

At first, we were going to name him “Chad”, because that fur formation looks like one of those “hanging chads” from the Florida ballots. “Boris” won, and now we’re under his rule.

Bwhaaa. We were told the rescue kitty we adopted was found behind a furniture store. Now I realize it in fact wasn’t a stray but was part of a breeding program they implemented in an effort to increase sales.

And your door jambs, and your carpets, and your houseplants, and your drapes…