Jen hugs cancer kid on TV! Saintliness bar raised!

No way I’m taking her side. The bitch downright deserved to be cheated on by her husband because he found someone hotter. I think she should throw herself in front of a truck, she doesn’t deserve to live. :smiley:

I don’t think she needs our sympathy. She’s home in Malibu doing her nails and counting the $35 million she made in 2003 while Angelina has that mess of babies to contend with. She probably has more money than both of them.

Depends on your definition of better… I for one take Jen’s side. Ang doesn’t fit my definition of hot, and I don’t care for her acting. Those weird lips just …eeewww. Jen has a more classic beauty, and as a wronged wife, I always side with keeping my nose out of other people’s relationships. Ang had enough to deal with in raising her child, she didn’t need to go mucking up someone else’s life…

As to the topic at hand, I saw the spot and immediately thought it was odd, since Jen has been portrayed as not very interested in children, in general…she seemed uncomfortable hugging the Little Cancer Girl.

Has Marlo Thomas done anything in the past twenty years except charity panhandling?

But she was THAT GIRL so you better listen to her!

Yes, she played Jennifer Aniston’s mother in several episodes of Friends. She’s also appeared on some other TV shows like Law & Order, Frasier, Ally McBeal, & Roseanne.

How/when has she been portrayed as not being very interested in children? Even if she has decided against having kids (I don’t know if that is true or not), it certainly doesn’t mean she doesn’t care or can’t care deeply about their welfare. I’m with Cardiwen on this, I think it is a fairly unfair slam against Aniston (ok, I realize it isn’t like a Pit slamming, but it still seems be unfair criticism). No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

It’s Christmas time. St Jude’s always makes a big push for donations this time of year. And MArlo inherited the fundraising for that hospital from her dad.

I guess MArlo figured that Jenn had some time on her hands after the release of the movie “Friends With Money”.

So, we’re criticizing celebrities for trying to raise money for kids with cancer durring Christmas time now? Seriously?

Yes, seriously. I am so overwrought and mentally anguished by all this that I am wishing for Jennifer Aniston to get brain cancer and Angelina Jolie to starve to death in a thrid-world nation.

(You’ve been on this Board how long?)

Long enough, thankyouverymuch.

For instance, I figured you weren’t serious. But after reading Caridwen and Gangster Octopus I started to wonder if the thread was trending serious. Or if I missed something. So I asked.

I suppose this is one of those instances where an OP is misinterpreted by some people and that in turn causes confusion amongst other people like me who, frankly, are half asleep.

At least we can all comfort ourselves with the fact that nothing like this has ever happened on the board before.

At least not in the short time I’ve been here.

Right?

Lordie, I hope not.

:confused: Does not compute :wink: She’s no Sarah Jessica Parker but “beautiful”? It’s pretty interesting how the same person can be seen so differently.

Okay, how about “lovely” instead? Pretty? Cute? Attractive?

I think she’s only a knockout only if you watched her on Friends, which I didn’t. Sort of an “acquired beauty.”

C’mon people, don’t be like this. First, we had a perfectly nice thread about Britney Spears’ vagina turn into a flamewar and now we’re turning this thread into a serious debate on charity. If this keeps up, we’ll end up taking Anna Nicole Smith seriosuly and I don’t think any of us want that.

Tom CRUISE likes her. He is in Oprah-throttling, furniture-trashing, Xenu-thwarting, fake-wedding, non-disclosure-agreement-signing, ell-you-are-vee-eee LURVE with the girl! And if you say he’s not, he’ll sue you. Oh yeah, and I’d definitely invite her over for cake and ice cream, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

Angelina is damaged goods, I don’t care how pretty you think she is. Aniston seems to keep her personality hidden from the media pretty well, and she’s not unattractive (at least not as unattractive as Sarah Jessica Horseybones). I guess she can come over for ice cream, too.

How is Jolie “damaged goods”?

I don’t know if I can exactly pin it down, but there is something about her that is deeply unsettling. Tattoos? Well, everyone’s got tattoos, right? Sure. The vial of blood? Let a girl have some quirks! She also used to cut herself, but maybe she’s over that, too. Overly sensitive people who want to crucify me for bringing this up, N.B.: I am not saying that if you cut yourself you have somehow reduced your value as a person. I am saying that with that knowledge in mind about a date, I would not immediately open myself up emotionally to her.

Add that to the fame and the boy-snatching (to be fair: this is just as much Brad’s fault as hers) and a few other behaviors have convinced me that she’s just a wee bit more messed up than your run-of-the-mill famous person.

Apparently she was stung repeatedly in the face by bees.

I’ll take me some Jen, thankyouverymuch.

I really don’t see what the debate is over who’s hotter. I say just do them both…seems to be working for Brad Pitt :wink: