'jesus h. christ...stands for harold? -no

Uh, I think that only works if you’re Elmer Fudd.

To be fair to tulip, it only took him/her 12 minutes to read those remaining five paragraphs.

Anyway, as anyone who’s watched Bottom knows, the correct exclamation is “Jesus H. Corbett!” :smiley:

I thought he said something along the lines of ‘Holy Smokes Batman So and So is doing This Bad Thing’?

It was a kid’s comic, would they allow blasphemy? I’ve heard many variation of Robin’s exclamations though, so I could be wrong.

Tongue-in-cheek humor, lost on yet another reader.

It is doubtful that Robin ever actually exclaimed “Holy Christ, Batman!” but ever since the late 1960s TV show, children that grew up with it, and its reruns, have simply turned that line into “Holy X, Batman!”, where X is … pretty much whatever you like.

As far as the comic itself goes, Batman has delved into some pretty dark times, and nowadays, comics are rife with swearing and all kinds of bloody badness. Generally speaking, if they look more artistic than cartoonistic, they are catered more to adults and teenagers. I don’t know for certain if the Boy Wonder ever made these dark appearances, except maybe later on as Nightwing, but I wouldn’t put it beyond the realm of possibility.

[QUOTE=~zz~]
Tongue-in-cheek humor, lost on yet another reader.

It is doubtful that Robin ever actually exclaimed “Holy Christ, Batman!” but ever since the late 1960s TV show, children that grew up with it, and its reruns, have simply turned that line into “Holy X, Batman!”, where X is … pretty much whatever you like.

As far as the comic itself goes, Batman has delved into some pretty dark times, and nowadays, comics are rife with swearing and all kinds of bloody badness. Generally speaking, if they look more artistic than cartoonistic, they are catered more to adults and teenagers. I don’t know for certain if the Boy Wonder ever made these dark appearances, except maybe later on as Nightwing, but I wouldn’t put it beyond the realm of possibility.[/THE RESPONSE WAS BRILLIANT QUOTE]

I do notice that the artwork didn’t make the book, tho! S