Jim Jones and the suicides: Why Flavor Aid and not Kool-Aid?

Because he was that much of a bastard that even knowing it was going to be mass suicide, he STILL wouldn’t spring for the more expensive stuff? :wink:

Wasn’t Heroin a brand name as well?

Yes; both Aspirin and Heroin were owned by Bayer, a German company, and they were both lost in America as a result of the First World War.

I had no idea about Heroin! Interesting stuff: http://drugs.uta.edu/heroin.html

No it definately says Kool Aid

Here’s a screen shot from the above clip

This is one of the oddest questions ever. It reminds me of something John Waters use to say. He got a job at Vogue magazine because he wanted a press pass. He wanted a Vogue press pass so he could go to accident and murder sites and ask the police what kinds of shoes the victims were wearing.

Fridge was a brand name?

Fridge was a brand name?

I was not clear enough, the ones reporting on the documentary say that **both **packages of Kool-Aid and Flavor-ade are in the crate. (Film resolution could be the difference here)

The possible Flavor-Aid packs are to the left of the Kool-Aid ones, but it is not so clear on video resolution, hence the need to compare the boxes with bulk Flavor-Ade packages of the day.

The worst brand name ever. I’m tired of seeing “refridgerator” all over the internet.

I guess that depends on whether one thinks “fridge” decends from Frigidaire, a brand name, or refrigerator, a word dating back to 1605 (in its earlier variant “refrigeratory”).

That’s possible. This is the same footage that I mentioned in the OP, and in the various docs there’s no question that there are containers of both mixes.

Didn’t Jim Jones and the Suicides open for the Brian Jonestown Massacre?