Karate student stomps on man's head, his teacher posts the video on Youtube 25 years later

Well it was just dick until he started to curb stomp him in the corner. It’s one thing to rough someone up, a dick move, but ok whatever he came into YOUR Dojo. But the curb stomping is just fucking excessive and has no excuse.

This whole thing makes me feel dirty. My reaction to stuff like this is to giggle. I was horrified at first, but then after that passes I get giggly, and I don’t really like the feeling of mirth in this situation, but what are you gonna do? It’s either laugh, rage or cry really. I feel very sorry for that dude, he clearly was not right.

I simply cannot believe how callous those people were. He didn’t want to fight them, he just wanted to show them his Kung Fu Kata. WTF? This is one of the reasons I never took Karate, I always assumed that Karate dojos were filled with douchebags like that. Maybe not all Karate Dojos are like that, but damn if that doesn’t fulfill a long held stereotype for me.

It makes me sick how he keeps referencing the Marine Corps as though beating up a retard who isn’t all there is some sort of thing that Marines were trained to do. Semper Fi bitches.

All Karate dojos are absolutely NOT like that, and you should not be deterred from taking up martial arts because of this video. If anything, the thread on Bullshido is proof that the martial arts community is serious about its integrity.

Forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown. Or in this case Virginia.

I just said Karate.

I have studied Tae Kwan Do, Kung Fu, Capoeira and Jujitsu. (Yes I know I am a bit of a dilettante) Currently I study Jujitsu but not with a terrible amount of discipline.

As most of you know, I am a martial artist. I run a school.

I’d like to think that in the 25 years since that video was made, martial arts as a whole has progressed past the level of thuggery shown in it. But sadly, I can’t. There are people running around with black belts on who have no concept of honor, integrity, discipline or self-control, and they piss in the pool for those of us who are trying to make a living and teach martial arts to the best of our ability.

And there are people who will see that video and think that all martial arts schools are like that. The pool hasn’t just been pissed in with that video, someone took a dump in it.

I loved Jujitsu! At my (low) level my understanding of it was that you were placing your opponent in a position where YOU would not hurt him, but if he continued doing what he was doing he would hurt himself. It appealed to my passive-aggressive nature.

The difference is that now there is a huge community of martial artists who are all connected by the internet, and when something like this happens, it can be assured that those who do take the art seriously and have moral integrity will do the right thing and tell everybody about it.

I watched the video again with the sound turned all the way up. It turns out that the victim wasn’t paired off against the thug in a sparring match but he was supposed to show these karate guys his own skills. When he has his hand out, he’s asking the thug to stand straight and the latter says, “like this?” and kicks the victim. The victim responds with his own moves and warns, “Don’t do that!” Later he says, “I’m not a fighter.” I’m not knowledgeable of martial arts but I do remember hearing that karate is a defensive art but in this video the black belt is the aggressor and the victim is using his skills to defend against the thug.

Maybe these points have been mentioned earlier and I missed it, but it makes the whole episode all the more evil and points very much to the idea that these criminals brought the poor guy there to kill him. They’re a disgrace to the martial art form, to the Marines, and to humanity in general.

Later on in the video he is trying to congratulate the guy on being a better fighter and that he’d like to stop now. That’s before the other guy backs him into the corner and curb stomps him.

Homeboy was telling fatass that he didn’t want to really fight but that he wanted to share what he was taught. He should have had a clue when comments where made to the effect that “Jesus was your teacher,hehehe…”

Ummm…retarded.

Anyone else read the title as ‘Karaoke student’ upon scanning?

“Everybody was kung-fu fighting” was heard on the street outside.

I’m offended not by your lack of taste, but at your lack of comedy. Was that supposed to be an attempt at a joke?

Now THAT’S funny!

How about this.

A Zen Monk walks into a pizza place and says “Make me one with everything”

When he asked for his change, the pizza guy said ‘Change comes from within.’

I just did a google news search, and there’s now a story on a news site: http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=10973483

I hope they nail them both seriously. That was straight up murder if that guy died.

What is this about a “mentally-challenged man?” There’s nothing about that man that seems mentally-challenged. Eccentric, yes. Possibly delusional, in a clinical sense - yes. But that’s not really the same as being “mentally challenged” any more than Jeff Rense is mentally challenged. He seemed like a run-of-the-mill crackpot, not someone who was severely lacking in intelligence.

Well I’ve been reading the thread linked to in the OP, and apparently the instructor, who uploaded the video, said in the video’s description that the victim is currently in a mental institute.
The video in the link is shorter than the full one. After the guy gets stomped he is still breathing. They dragged him out back and threw him in the dumpster for the police to pick up. I don’t know much about the law, but to me that seems like evidence that they at the very least were willing to let him die.

BTW, I hope they also nail the police officers from that time in that town, because they apparently didn’t investigate what happened to the victim because they were friends with the instructor.

I don’t have time now, but maybe sometime tomorrow I’ll try to summarize the thread in the OP for those who don’t have time to read it all. If someone else wants to do it they’re welcome to because I don’t know when/if I’ll get to it.