Ladies, can we talk about panties?

Ah, that hasn’t happened to me (yet). My desperation day (and training hard day) panties are the Hanes!

I’d be interested in trying the Soma brands, if I ever get to go to the one in Atlanta for my minimizer and strapless bras. I love those from Soma’s!

Another point against Athens. They have VS but no Soma… sigh

Well, that’s maybe what my pillowcase was. Hard to tell from just a pic of course, and I don’t know enough about ladies’ dainties to even comprehend that picture really, and I never went shopping for grannie panties. But I’m guessing that might be it. My pillowcase wasn’t pink either. I remember the texture seemed… abrasive.

Well, you didn’t tell us what color your pillowcase was so I could find you an appropriately-colored picture for comparison. :wink:

I’m also a little confused about how much there is in that picture to comprehend–they’re underpants. They go over the hips and groin–self contained and pretty explanatory. I mean, I’ve never shopped for tighty whities, either, but I wouldn’t exactly be confused by a picture of them.

That abrasive feeling could be a function of fiber content (though usually not, synthetics are usually reasonably soft), manufacturing techniques, or some sort of post-manufacture treatment. The finer and more evenly spun a thread is, and the tighter and more evenly it’s woven, the smoother and softer the resulting fabric will be. The thinner, coarser, or more loosely woven a fabric is, the more prone it is wrinkling like a bastard.

People don’t like to buy sheets or clothes that are already wrinkled to hell right there in the package or the sales hanger, so manufacturers tend to put some starch or sizing on woven fabrics so they’ll iron out flat and pretty and look nice for purchase. Your thinner, coarser, looser fabrics are going to have a LOT more of this sort of treatment than nicer fabrics. The more of these treatments are on a fabric, the less comfortable it’s going to feel against your skin. I used to work in a scrub shop, and some of the companies use so much sizing that by the end of a day of reaching in and out of the racks stocking and pulling things out for orders that I’d have tiny abrasions all over my forearms.

Panties, schmanties-- if the sexy, fashion-savvy Duchess of Cambridge can do without
then so can the rest of you:

Kate Goes Commando

Just don’t wear any! WOOO HOOOOOO

[someone had to be the imature one :)]
edit:colonial one upped me!

whistles nonchalantly and hopes no one notices the creepy guy loitering in this thread…

hahahahah

I refer to the equivalent on me as my “food baby”.

I wear a variety of underwear and have found that, unless I’m wearing some really high waisted stuff, the combination of my hips and food baby will push the front and sides down, thus foiling any attempt at covering the food baby. These days, I tend to stick to thongs (they stay in place), boy shorts, and whatever else happens to still be lying around. Once I’m in need of more panties, I’ll probably get me some retro high waist stuff that looks more Bettie Paige than Grandma Betty.

Back when I was young, all the young fashionable girls were wearing that fabric, only in a hiphugging cut, so it wouldn’t show over our hiphugging jeans. And only moms or grandmothers or little girls used to wear cotton panties.

I wear women’s boxer briefs, in a cotton knit. Pure comfort. Plus, they don’t cause heat rash/chafing where the leg joins the torso, which is an important consideration during Texas summers. But then, I almost never wear pants, I usually only wear dresses or skirts.

I just worethese for a play. For obvious reasons, I was generously teased about my granny panties by the rest of the cast. But having worn them every day for some time now I can honestly say: they are comfy!

But I wouldn’t recommend them. They come with being teased about being a granny.

Victoria’s Secret cotton bikinis. They’re always on sale for 5 for $25 and occasionally 7 for $25. Incredibly comfortable and a huge range of colors/design patterns and there are always more to choose from in store than online. I’ve got so many of these I lost count.

Well I’m male but i’m partial to boy shorts. Those things sure are sexy!! One more question do you ladies ever have pubic hair hanging out your panties?

Heheheh. Heh.

Everyone loves these… good cotton.

Only if I haven’t shaved/waxed!

Which one?

Yeah, we don’t have them in Columbia either - I’ve bought online from them and been happy, but sometime soon I think I’m going to drive up to Charlotte to go shopping for something to wear for all these engagement parties and such, and I might have them bra fit me at Soma. Evidently we’re getting one later this year, though.

I also have a food baby, although I’ve lost 18 pounds so it’s a smaller food baby than it used to be. I’m telling you, the Soma drawers are the best for that, too.

Seriously, I have to ask…Are there any women out there who are really not wearing any? I can’t imagine doing that, for reasons I won’t bother explaining.

I don’t know about women, but during the summer when I can wear cotton outer shorts
I avoid underwear whenever possible. Commando is not as comfortable for me when
wearing trousers made of heavier fabric in colder weather.

But getting back to my original post, I was being quite serious-- if a royal princess can
ditch the underwear in public during a state visit, then the implication is that she considers
it suitable for any less formal occasion as well. As long as the it’s not too breezy outside, that is.

I do sometimes, but only if I’m wearing pants (which is 95% of the time). I might go two or days without, but only during certain times of the month (obviously not when I’m on my period)