Last Comic Standing 3

Season 2 got the most votes.

As for who was kicked off…I’m terrible with names…the stand-in for season 2 got the boot - as well as the woman who told the ‘my husband is a lawyer’ joke from season 1.

Sorry - I don’t remember their names. :frowning:

I’m probably mangling their names, and I’m too lazy to look them up, but they were Corey Kahaney from S1, and Jessica Kirson, the stand-in for Bonnie McFarland from S2

I didn’t think Jessica was funny at all, so I am not surprised to hear she went.

Thanks guys.

Nope, I love Gary, and totally thought he got the shaft last season.
Even just thinking about his joke re: interviewing olympic athletes after they have lost (Skater: “Well, I think I fell because it was so darn slippery out there”) can get me giggling.

I wasn’t surprised that Jessica was voted out for a few reasons: one, she just isn’t that funny (IMO) and her particular brand of humor can seem abrasive. Two, she was the only one who ran over her time and that could be perceived as unprofessionsl (although, IMO, so was Dat Phan looking very obviously at his watch several times during his set). Three, and perhaps most important, she didn’t have any viewer loyalty due to the fact that she was new.

I didn’t see the first 10 minutes or so last night—when they were doing the recap, did they mention Ralphie’s father at all? As for No Prententious Codename’s question…I just don’t know. The whole thing was weird.

Or:

Announcer: How did you get that cut above your left eye?

Boxer: Well, you see, there was this guy in front of me, punching my face over and over.

and

“When I saw those radar speed limit signs that tell you how fast your going I thought, ‘Great Idea!’ until I realized there was a very similar instrument right there on my dashboard.”

On this we are agreed. It felt almost surreal to me, or I guess I should say I felt like he must have felt like it was surreal to him. Most unfortunate. I don’t know whether to hope he pulls it together for the rest of the season or what.

I love G.G. too.

Like I said before, I think S2 picked Jessica to take the fall on the first night. Maybe the producers didn’t think the comics would do that, given the astounding $50,000 cash prize (divided by 10 people… oooohhhh :rolleyes: ) for the team with the most votes. But they wrapped that prize up anyway.

Ralphie was definitely like watching a train wreck - but I still thought he was funnier than the lady that was cut - I was highly disappointed in her.

Dave looked like he rolled out of bed and did the show - I also thought he had a vacant look in his eyes . . . but he was funny.

After watching all of the comedians, I have to say house 2 is MUCH funnier than house 1 - I’ve watched both season and I was really disappointed in house 1 - the only ones who were funny were Dat Phan, Dave and his bosom buddy Rich. On the other hand, for house 2 I loved Alonzo, John, Tammy, Gary (coming from Rochester, NY, that celery thing was funny - but TGIF? YUK!), Corey, Jay and even attention man.

I’ll admit that Gary is growing on me. How can I hate a guy who has such love for cookies? :smiley:

From Season 1, I pretty much think Rich Voss and Dave Mordell have the talent, but from Season 2 I think they all have really good stand-up acts. I favor Alonzo or John Heffron to win it all.

Anyone else notice the two eliminated were the ones on first? I missed most of the first act the second night, & thought other people might be doing the same.

I voted for Corey Kahaney. I thought the bit about her ethical-lawyer husband was funny.
Also Dave Mordal. “It’s magic!” won me over, but I had rooted for him in season 1.
And, um, Alonzo, I guess. I can hear his voice from the phone thing, saying, “Now vote again.” Oh, yeah, the Olympic-gymnast-pedophilia joke. So true.

2nd night:
Kathleen Madigan, twice. “Osama bin Laden is hidin’. In other words, playin’ peek-a-boo!”
Tere Joyce, because I missed most of her act & want a chance to hear her again.
Some other people, I did the online thing, but I forget.