Let's pit Martin Luther King!

Looking at the list of federal holidays, you get your wish. There is no President’s Day.

And no sense of perspective.

Of course not. He discovered Native Americans. Our culture would be greatly diminished if we didn’t have the wonderful contributions they have given us.

You must be thinking of someone else. My search shows 28 eclectic pittings by the OP and this is the only MLK one.

Someone woke up in a bad mood. Who trip-trapped across your bridge?

He has threads in Great Debates and General Questions. That’s using Martin as a keyword and the OP’s username.
Haven’t tried other combos.

I am indeed fond of corn and potatoes . . . Of tobacco and cocaine and syphilis, less said the better . . .

“Short of walking into a conversation, sandblasting the brick and installing track lighting, there is no surer way to announce one is from the 1980s than to mount an assault on ‘political correctness,’ the contemporary phrase for which is ‘not being a jackass.’”

—Tabatha Southey

But, Jackson is seen with skepticism only by idiots.

I see this is more of a “thing” than I thought it was. My in-laws recently came back from their first and only trip to Our Nation’s Capital and all they had to report on was how outraged they were over the FDR memorial showing him in a wheelchair. They, too, called it a capitulation to the PC lobby, or some such nonsense.

More worthy of pitting are the people who evoke him the most. They’re the ones that are least likely to judge someone by anything other than the color of their skin. But that’s okay because they’re only racist towards white people.

I think he’s pissed off over being banned by Stormfront.
Yeah, I just godwinned this thread. Sue me.

Because they make him a hypocrite, negating everything he ever said and sometimes did.

Or something.

Well, personally I’m shocked that the OP didn’t decide a gold-digging woman was to blame.

Hey, at least he talked Nichelle Nichols out of quitting “Star Trek.”

What the fuck? What’s a politically correct wheelchair?

Did he have a wheelchair with a bumper sticker that said “I don’t shake hands with darkies like that Jess White dude” that you know about?

Or do you just think a wheelchair is not politically correct.

Anyway, you’re consistent. FDR was so fucking faithful in his marriage, one of your moral hot button issues.

If I’m understanding this correctly, you’re saying that black people who mention MLK the most are racist towards white people. I’m honestly curious. Can you expand on this or give some examples?

Another racist pitting a black guy

I think maybe he’s complaining about his perception that “the race card” is played too frequently, especially when it is played (again, in his perception) without justification, or over (last time, I promise, in his perception) unreasonable interpretations of how equitable the world is/should be.

Or maybe not.

EtA: in response to post 37.

Pfft, you want political correctness run amok? The official portrait of president Obama portrays him as a Negro!